RCMP opps

Had nothing to do with the ball that’s just guys joking around
They are saying In The news link “straps failed “ and it rolled off
well there is a safety chain on that system too that should have been done up !
But my guess is it’s just a convenient lie

In Vernon we had a rcmp member fall out of a brand new boat they were testing out the other officers were on shore and he went out by himself to drive the boat onto the trailer before he did he went out and did a couple high speed turns and fell over board and drowned It was speculated that alcohol was evolved
But the official story was he accidentally fell
And gets his own Memorial Day every year
And a training week for school kids named after him
Good example for society !
You’re from Vernon? I’m out here in lumby

The story says "Titan RHIB, unexpectedly detached from the trailer hitch while being towed on Highway 19". No clue what system they use to attach the trailer to the tow vehicle, but, i know one thing, they all have "TWO" safety chains to allow the tow vehicle to stay attached to the trailer in the event the hitch system fails. It can be ugly but it'll stop the trailer/boat from taking off on its own. Maybe the chains broke but that seems unlikely. This article in the paper doesn't pass the smell test. Doubt we'll ever know what happened. It's interesting because Campbell River is the only place I have ever been stopped by the RCMP to check my trailer straps. Back in 2017 or so they were on a rage there because of a couple of serious boat/trailer accidents.

The story says "Titan RHIB, unexpectedly detached from the trailer hitch while being towed on Highway 19". No clue what system they use to attach the trailer to the tow vehicle, but, i know one thing, they all have "TWO" safety chains to allow the tow vehicle to stay attached to the trailer in the event the hitch system fails. It can be ugly but it'll stop the trailer/boat from taking off on its own. Maybe the chains broke but that seems unlikely. This article in the paper doesn't pass the smell test. Doubt we'll ever know what happened. It's interesting because Campbell River is the only place I have ever been stopped by the RCMP to check my trailer straps. Back in 2017 or so they were on a rage there because of a couple of serious boat/trailer accidents.
After reading closely It says the boat trailer came off the hitch and it says in the first paragraph that the stap system failed and it rolled off the trailer
Hmmmm something doesn’t smell right !!!
That’s for sure
I don’t see a trailer attached to the boat sooo !
More than one story usually means someone is lying

Safety chains didn't hold it? I've had my ball disconnect once 15 years ago, The two safety chains held it perfectly fine. The boat was not as heavy but the stress on those chains isn't overwhelming. Caused minor scratch on my old Suburban bumper but hardly did anything.
Have done similar scratching the bumper on my Mother's car we re-hitched every thing and continued to the lake.

1. Speeding down a hill to make a light that was turning red, then making a hard left turn. That’s the reason the load was lost.
2. Straps failing, means they were under sized for the load. It was a new boat, so I’m assuming straps were new, plus the fact it’s a federal organization using the best of the best. The news saying straps broke, is just a cover up for the real reason they lost their load. Speed and rushing, and obviously a non experienced driver.

i would say 2"ball on a 2-5/16 hitch not chained up and no snag chain on bow and not even rear tied down and speed without doubt

Back