Quicksilver inflatables? Yes or No?

Redfisher

I know the topic of inflatables has been covered in the past but I am looking at a small one for my 24' boat for doing the beach excursions. I have been looking at the Quicksilver ones, in particular the Tendy. Want something lightweight so I can lift manually to the cabin top. Looking to row it, no engine. Has anyone had any experience with these?

I know the topic of inflatables has been covered in the past but I am looking at a small one for my 24' boat for doing the beach excursions. I have been looking at the Quicksilver ones, in particular the Tendy. Want something lightweight so I can lift manually to the cabin top. Looking to row it, no engine. Has anyone had any experience with these?
no, however I bought a 7.5' Lightspeed from Harbour Chandler a few years ago and it's I think 60lbs and I'm able to haul it onto the roof of my 28' Kingfisher Destination. Tie it down between the rails. I am thinking about getting a small electric motor for it as I'm concerned about wind blowing me around with the tiny little oars that are supplied with it. Pump and I managed to get a cover as well for it for about $1,000 as a boat show deal. Seems to hold air well... really deflated in the cold on the roof this winter so I had to re-secure it a few weeks ago.

no, however I bought a 7.5' Lightspeed from Harbour Chandler a few years ago and it's I think 60lbs and I'm able to haul it onto the roof of my 28' Kingfisher Destination. Tie it down between the rails. I am thinking about getting a small electric motor for it as I'm concerned about wind blowing me around with the tiny little oars that are supplied with it. Pump and I managed to get a cover as well for it for about $1,000 as a boat show deal. Seems to hold air well... really deflated in the cold on the roof this winter so I had to re-secure it a few weeks ago.
They are called deflatables for that exact reason!

Light weight and small size required or I won't be able to get it on the roof. I would love a real skiff but I am limited and the Quicksilver Tendys at 7.5' are small and light enough but I hope not too flimsy.

I used the tendy for 20 years going from campsite to my anchored boat. Transom wheels for dragging down the beach. Finally sprung a leak in the pontoon transom corner. Replaced it last year with the model. Used a 2.5 hp on for a few years

I have owned a quicksilver inflatable and it was ok value for the money. The sun really brakes the material down quickly so if it stays outside you will want a cover. Now I have a small zodiac brand, but only for 3 years and so far so good.

I have the 240 tendy fast roller ....it has the slotted floor so you roll it up with out taking the boards out... it will do exactly what you want to get you to shore and back... be light to man handel by your self... they are not really planning hull, too spongy, get one with an inflatable floor to help stiffen it up, and aid with planning...had a 5 hp on my trendy and ended up getting a 2 hp.. if you want to rip around get the inflatble floor with a little bit of vee to it... but since you will not be using an engine may be just what your after

Attachments

• IMG_20210326_142919.jpg
    IMG_20210326_142919.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210306_114958.jpg
    IMG_20210306_114958.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210312_145902.jpg
    IMG_20210312_145902.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back