Quick note about Kitty Coleman Hump

Was out this morning, against my better judgement. It wasn't to bad at first but just got rougher. Lost a nice one but managed to land a 26 lber. On the Hump with a Radient Tiger Prawn.;) eman

Hit the hump again today and hit the biggest fish of my life!!!!! :)
comes in at 44lbs on my hand scale!!Pink action was nuts for a while arround 5:30 -6:30 pm. Got the big one in the middle of all the pinks.Can not figure for the life of me how to post a pic on here.Glow hootchie did it again by the way!!! ok a pic is up just click on the link that is all I could do? could not get it to load directly.

**** figured the pic thing out finally.

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)
DSC01561.jpg
[/img]

Yup biggest of my life!!180 deep on the outside of the hump!!

WOW, must have been that one I lost the other day..........:D

Nice fish, hope it lasts out there for a while longer.

Has anyone caught any clipped fish out there lately? Wondering where these big guns are heading, and it would be nice to get the report back from the head recovery.

Hey lazoman: Yeah, that 26 lber yesterday morning was a clipped white spring. I was curious about that myself. I was thinking Harrison although it seemed quite ready to spawn as the milt was quite developed. I will get it into the depot today. I don't expect an answer any time soon though. eman

I have droped a few heads in the bucket this year, as well as the hatchery. Heads going back to Mar. not a single report back yet. I droped anouther head in the bucket a couple days ago and the head recovery fellow was there picking up the bucket and told me they were so backed up. But what I ask is were they backed up in Mar. He said they just finish 2008's fish. I did get a nice hat out of the deal.

Got to wonder if the wind is as strong as they say it is. I want to go fishing.

well we decided to keep the fish on ice overnight and get it on the scale at tyee sports for their derby. My neighbors hand scale is way too generous as the scale at tyee said 35 and1/4. still my biggest ever.!!!!:)

Thought I would ask about the "double glow hootchies"....green and white? and octopus or needlefish shape?

up in hardy the fish have been most active on betsy flasher and needlefish hootchie during the day and bait and uv purple flasher in evenings

going to cruise from Hardy back down to Comox and see what we can catch along the way.

thanks,
sb

sharkbait

Hey Sharkbait, bought my double glow hoothcies from Gone Fishin in Courtenay and man do they ever work. I used them in Barkley with good success and again at the hump, locally for me.......... Something like 14.95 before for tax for five squirts........ but they work. Go to Gone Fishin and talk to Dan or Gil and they will steer you in the right direction.......:):) SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Fished 12 till 3 today in Tmit22's boat, got a 12lber. All the bait seems to be gone that was showing over the past week. Tried again at 6 this evening and came back in at 7 or so due to wind.

See what happens tomorrow.

Got another Tyee Marine Courtenay employee out today (Arron). Picked up his biggest fish to date. 19lbs RED spring. Have to get him out to get a bigger one. I thought it looked 15 but when he got in on the scale I was WRONG:( but it put an even bigger smile on his face when he saw the scale. Guess my eyes are off after seeing all them big fish over the last week.

He did a great job getting it to the boat for a rookie:)

Fished from 5-8 last night. Picked up a couple of chinook, the largest 18lb.{white} Hooked into a monster right on top of the hump. Never did get a look at it.:(

Back