Pusuit's new walk around

Wow what a beast. I'm curious though, what is the rationale behind powering something that big with outboards? Wouldn't twin turbo diesels be less money, weight and complexity than a quad setup? Four sets of rigging vs two would be cheaper, four propulsion systems instead of two will be heavier. Issues around dance floor space wouldn't be a problem in a 42 ft, those inboards would be completely below deck. I'm not questioning the boat builder's expertise here, I'd just like some education.

Wow what a beast. I'm curious though, what is the rationale behind powering something that big with outboards? Wouldn't twin turbo diesels be less money, weight and complexity than a quad setup? Four sets of rigging vs two would be cheaper, four propulsion systems instead of two will be heavier. Issues around dance floor space wouldn't be a problem in a 42 ft, those inboards would be completely below deck. I'm not questioning the boat builder's expertise here, I'd just like some education.
That boat does 60mph, that might have something to do with it? Also I don’t think diesels on shafts would have the ability to do the whole joystick controls for low speed maneuvering/docking. Don’t know this for sure but just a guess. Also, it’s just kinda the way they do it in Florida.

I prefer outboards myself, just wondering why on this one. And yes it does look cool!

I bet you could buy a decent cottage on the water for the price of that boat. The cottage would increase in value,, this thing,, worth half in 4 years lol.
But it is a decent ride.

This is just a pet theory of mine but I suspect that in ten or fifteen years, the mega-center consoles with 3-5 outboards are going to look really dated.

It's a big fad in Florida but I think it's going to be short lived. The pile of eggbeaters on the back is going to look like bell bottoms and butterfly collars before long. A boat that big, I'd want a clean transom, personally.

I bet you could buy a decent cottage on the water for the price of that boat. The cottage would increase in value,, this thing,, worth half in 4 years lol.
But it is a decent ride.
I couldn’t find exact pricing on this exact model, but I did find some smaller 2019 Pursuits in the 38’-40’ range and they were going for 800k USD. I’m guessing this one is north of a Million USD. A nice cabin for sure.

I couldn’t find exact pricing on this exact model, but I did find some smaller 2019 Pursuits in the 38’-40’ range and they were going for 800k USD. I’m guessing this one is north of a Million USD. A nice cabin for sure.
Wow, here I was guessing around 600.

@cracked_ribs

This might be your style, it doesn’t list the top speed but with Twin 1100hp diesels I’m sure this thing boogies.
You nailed it all right...I would be so much happier to own this for $800,000 that that Pursuit, and I like Pursuit as a builder.

But a used Viking sportfish, yeah, every day, all day.

Absolutely, you get into that class of boat the sky's the limit on spectacular sportfishers...Rybovich, Spencer, Jarrett Bay...

I mean I wouldn't want to deal with the repowering of a pair of MAN diesels; some of those boats you need to cut them out of the hull and those motors are scary expensive. But you know, if I had to guess I bet you could find some nice twin Cummins sportfishers in the mid-upper 30' range for more like $250,000. That's big money by my standards...but there seem to be a ton of guys in Florida buying 30' centre consoles for that money. I get that these are two very different things but man, there is just no way I'd take a giant open boat with $100,000 of disposable engines hanging off the back when I could have a nice sportfish with rebuildable diesels in it.

There is a video on YouTube talking to a rep about the boat and he said it was 1.2million but you could add more customization. Ouch

Yebbut who believes anything they read on THT? Reliability factor on par with FB. Both epitomize the old saying about opinions being like assholes.

That boat does 60mph, that might have something to do with it? Also I don’t think diesels on shafts would have the ability to do the whole joystick controls for low speed maneuvering/docking. Don’t know this for sure but just a guess. Also, it’s just kinda the way they do it in Florida.
When running and gunning for tournaments, speed is everything

Back