Puerto Vallata Fishing trips......

Sitkaspruce

We will be going down for a wedding at the end of Oct and I am looking at doing a little fishing for one of the species on my Bucket List.....Rooster fish.....plus maybe some sailfish...and anything else that we can fish for...LOL

There maybe 4-6 of us, so we have not decided whether to head offshore or do some inshore fishing.

Anybody been down that way and would recommend a guide to head out on. Any tips or tricks??

Thanks

Cheers

SS

Hey
I'm sure there are a few great guys to fish with in the PV area. I've tried a few, but my favourite is Capt. Lora. He fishes out of Punta Mita. Runs 2 boats, both with twin engines and has good quality gear. He has always been great telling me what is biting and where. You can reach him at 011 52 1 322 133 3999. You can't always choose the species that are in the area, but there are usually some choices. If you are lucky enough to get into Roosters, site casting for them is great fun. I took a pack rod/spinning reel with me on one trip and mounted a gro pro on it. Unbelievable experience when you get into them!
Good luck Amigo, Stosh

I would second Capt Lora.
I took advice from here when I was down there (I was closer to Punta Mita)
Had a great trip. Caught a ton of fish. Casting and bait fishing.
IMO way better than trolling around with the resort charter.

Back