Proline Boats? Quality?

pescador

Just curious the opinion on Prolines. I’ve got my mind set on a Grady or a Pursuit in the 30 ft range, but, there’s some nicely priced Prolines out there. Anybody got one? How’s the quality. I’ve done some research on THT but it’s inconclusive.

Just curious the opinion on Prolines. I’ve got my mind set on a Grady or a Pursuit in the 30 ft range, but, there’s some nicely priced Prolines out there. Anybody got one? How’s the quality. I’ve done some research on THT but it’s inconclusive.
Tried to tag a buddy who used to be on here Tiger Prawn? @wolf might know his handle on the forum. He has a nice one in Pedder Bay and knows boats more than 99% of people. I think it’s like the other two buy newer and it is likely a great build.

I had an email from them from years ago that I kept where they were talking about when they went fully composite, 96 or 97 I believe. They own Donzi, some of their hulls are actually the Donzi hull, not sure if in the 30' range though.

Mid tier builder, I wouldn't mention them in the same sentence as Pursuit or Grady. If your seeing some sitting on the market for "reasonable" prices, just remember when you go to sell it in the future it won't be as easy to sell as other makes.
Agree with this 100%
Fit and finish is not as nice. They are decent. There's 2 in the 29-30 range on the dock in Ukee fleet. A 26 as well.
Easy to find fairly cheap down south and they make a good preforming boat in weather.
Not particularly well laid out in general (just my opinion). Lots of waisted space.

Tried to tag a buddy who used to be on here Tiger Prawn? @wolf might know his handle on the forum. He has a nice one in Pedder Bay and knows boats more than 99% of people. I think it’s like the other two buy newer and it is likely a great build.
Yes been on his boat many a time and its nice to fish out of HUGE deck area and goes thru water VERY nicely if I was in the market Id have a serious look at one.
Older grady have alot of issues as you know re floor etc and alot of wood ALL boats have known issues you really ave too look and examine

Yes been on his boat many a time and its nice to fish out of HUGE deck area and goes thru water VERY nicely if I was in the market Id have a serious look at one.
Older grady have alot of issues as you know re floor etc and alot of wood ALL boats have known issues you really ave too look and examine
I agree.. I don't get the insane love for Grady's.. the amount of Grady's I've seen rotten out or small pieces of wood paneling coming off and looking like crap is bizarre.

I agree 100% with Blue Wolf.
I've halibut and salmon fished on Tiger Prawn's boat and I can say it's one of the best boats I've fished on and it rides the wave excellent.
Over all his boat appears to be new but it's over 10 years old and the 10 ft beam also makes a big difference.
I'd look at a proline if I was buying a boat.

You need to have a look at one in the size you are looking for.
I have a 30 walk model and yes you do loose soon room with this model in the cuddy cabin.
the is my second Proline and very happy with it and performance. They went to a complete composite hull in the mid nineties and the only wood is in cuddy ie cabinet head door etc.
As for other makes I have worked on a variety of boats and a lot of your high end boats have a lot of wood.
All boats have storage issues and always depends on what type and how big of a boat you’re looking for.

Last edited:
You need to have a look at one in the size you are looking for.
I have a 30 walk model and yes you do loose soon room with this model in the cuddy cabin.
the is my second Proline and very happy with it and performance. They went to a complete composite hull in the mid nineties and the only wood is in cuddy ie cabinet head door etc.
As for other makes I have worked on a variety of boats and a lot of your high end boats have a lot of wood.
All boats have storage issues and always depends on what type and how big of a. Oat you’re looking for.

Proline make a nice boat..but if you want to pay for a name buy a Grady. I ran a Grady out in Renfrew back in 91 before it became what it is now...great riding hull but wasn't impressed with the rest of the boat. If you could have a Grady Hull under a west coast design upper...you would have something.

Last edited:
Back