Primer ball question

Well I replaced the connector at the motor. It ran fine for about 25 minutes then did the stall, it started happening faster and faster, sometimes with only a couple of minutes in between. I let the motor sit for about an hour and same thing. I will replace the primer bulb and drain the float bowl just cuz, my next trip is planned for Tuesday.
@profisher How do I tell if my fuel pump has a heat exchanger?

Thanks for your help everyone.
I figured out the problem after changing the fuel connection, primer bulb, re sealing the gaskets between the carb and the motor, and rebuilding the fuel pump, it turns out that there was a hunk of something that would randomly plug the float needle orifice, I pulled the carb apart and there was a large chunk of something in there. Cleaned it up and it worked perfectly tonight.

It was starting to drive me crazy. Last night while I was falling asleep, I tried to figure out how such a huge piece if junk could get in there. It looked like it might have been paper, I never got a close look at it as it disappeared when I blew out the fitting. I think it must be from when I originally changed the primer bulb earlier in the year. My old one worked fine, but was feeling a bit stiff. It took about two trips on the new bulb for the problem to show up. Took the boat out for about four hours of steady trolling last night without any issues at all.

Don't beat yourself up.
You did the right thing by methodically going through the fuel delivery system and taking the time to put it together well.
You should be good for a few more years before something else makes you check the whole thing!

Back