Pressure Washer

hambone

Interested in buying a pressure washer for general residential use. I'm hoping to find one that with the proper care, lasts for a while. So any suggestions are appreciated. Gas vs electric, brand etc.

Thanks in advance.

The more important part is the pump. Cheaper PW's have a dry pump. The better ones have a oil reservoir. Look for a CAT pump.

honda motor with a good brand pump with adjustable pressure

11hp 5gpm gets it done!!

What your price range?
I agree with trophywife
11hp honda with a General pump
3000-4000psi around 5gpm
GPM is the important number.
It would cost about $1400

Wow, that sounds like more than you'd need for residential cleaning etc.

I was hoping to stay under $500 and had been reading up on units that had 1-3gpm and 1800-3000psi.

Just picked up a Honda 2600 for the same uses your describing. It's perfect was on sale and got it for around $500. Can't go wrong with a Honda motor. 2600 psi @ 2.3 GPM it blasts decks clean quickly with no problem, I did some cedar spindle railings and they look like new. I wasn't sure about pressure either but I can tell you 2600 is plenty if you point at a piece of wood to close and don't keep the wand moving it will bite into the wood. Looked at briggs and strattons as well they seemed well priced but hard starting is a known issue and I don't have time for that kind of stuff over saving 100 to 200 bucks, getting a honda motor is money well spent.

Go to home depot-they have 5HP Honda powered/ oil reservoir 2600 psi washers for less than 500. Had mine for 5 or 6 years and never let me down. Good value!! They come on sale-around holidays-maybe at thanksgiving. They are correct in recommending the Honda.

Wow, that sounds like more than you'd need for residential cleaning etc.

I was hoping to stay under $500 and had been reading up on units that had 1-3gpm and 1800-3000psi.

You don't need a commercial one 3000-4000 psi is overkill. That one I posted is that range $500.00 and will do fine and it has a honda motor. Has an awesome warranty... I didn't buy mine at a department store. I went to an equipment place I bought my chainsaw from where they fix them,and asked questions. I like dealing with the small equipment guys as you can take them back if you have any issues. I bought mine down here in Mill bay on South island. There are lots of paces all around the island/mainland with similar businesses http://www.millbaypower.ca/

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need a commercial one 3000-4000 psi is overkill. That one I posted is that range $500.00 and will do fine and it has a honda motor. Has an awesome warranty... I didn't buy mine at a department store. I went to an equipment place I bought my chainsaw from where they fix them,and asked questions. I like dealing with the small equipment guys as you can take them back if you have any issues. I bought mine down here in Mill bay on South island. There are lots of paces all around the island/mainland with similar businesses http://www.millbaypower.ca/

Same type of the store in Langford. " Fraz's Power " on Goldstream, Langford. http://www.yelp.ca/biz/d-and-j-walker-power-equipment-victoria-2

Try and borrow one, they are like chainsaws, everyone has one but hardly use them.

Bought a Honda powered one at Home Depot a few years ago and it is reliable..starts first pull and more than enough pressure. Buy ear muffs and make sure you use it at times of the day when you aren't going to annoy the neighbors...especially for longer jobs. I use it once a year for brick patio, concrete walks/driveway..prepping fence for re-staining and the boat and trailer when it needs a good cleaning fast.

Try Costco. They carried one with a Honda motor

Unless you plan on using it a lot I agree with Canso. You can rent one pretty cheap. It's just another piece of equipment that needs to be maintained and repaired.

Try and borrow one, they are like chainsaws, everyone has one but hardly use them.

Back