Prawns O Plenty

B

Brokenrod

My wife and I went out Mon for some Dungies and Prawns. We had the water to our selves, cold, high was three degrees, no wind to speak of. Lots of prawns in the med to large range less than 1% with eggs. limits with one set one hr soak. Same thing with the dungies limits, some soft shells still but enough to take limits of good hard shelled fatties. Great day for harvesting bugs.

Yes, with Holiday season upon us clams,oysters, fresh dungies, prawns, some of the candied spring salmon we have been saving, the list goes on and on. Couple the seafood with your favorite bevy and life was never so good !

Inquireing minds want to know.... what depth did you find your Dungies at???

Still working that winter profile [8D]

Ian the depth that the dungies are at in this particular spot doesn't very much 40'-60', winter-summer for years.
We were prawning in area 13, regs are fine. Thanks for the concern.

Far too easy crabbing in shallow water, no where near enough exercise pulling those trap up, your going to have to find some deeper water to try :D

Glad to hear your getting out!!!

Ian my wife and I are still planing to get over for another off season getaway. Maybe in feb or March. What's your schedule like then?

Pretty wide open this time of year so no worries, pick some days with nice weather and give us a call - will be down in California picking up a boat at the end of January but will be back by Feb.

Fishing and prawning have been GREAT so far!!! Have not had the time to get out crabbing and clamming in a while but no one else is out so would expect bountiful returns :)

Will do. Till then... Oh yea, we had some of that Gunpowder prawn soup you gave us the recipe for, man that's good stuff !

Back