Pics From My trip from Vancouver to Lund & Campbell River

Sounds like you have a couple of great trips planned exploring the East coast of the island this summer. How long of a trip are you planning when you travel up there? What would you consider a comfortable cruising range with your current outfit? I know a lot depends on weather and such. When the girls sleep on the outside deck, do you have a mattress or a couple of cots that they use?
I would love to explore the island that way, maybe one day.
Oly
I was talking about it yesterday with my wife. Our daughters are done school at the end of June. I've been fishing a few times up at Telegraph in July and August. The times I've been up there the Springs were hit or miss. Either we did very good or they were very spotty at other times. Also got a few Hali up there trolling bouncing bottom and a few nice Lings up there too in the past. I think we will only do a 5 or 6 day trip or so with the family cause we have pets at home we have to have taken care of when we are all gone together. As long as there are fuel spots along the way and supply spots along the way I would be comfortable in my boat going long distance in my boat no problem. The weather is the biggest factor for sure. I have a few trips I would like to do. Another one would be from Campbell River up Discovery to the top end of the island then accross to the Charlottes for a couple week trip some time. The family wouldn't be into that long of a trip though.
Yes I have a couple mattresses for them to use on the back deck. My wife want's to break the trip up into some nights on the boat and some nights in lodges etc..so that they can still have some showers, etc during the trip. I know..teenage girls lol.
There's so many beautiful places to explore around the island. We have done Tofino a few times over the years also. Would love to do some kayaking around Ucluelet too some time.

When are u heading to telegraph? I'll be heading up from Powell River July 18 or so.
Not too sure yet. Was just talking to my wife about it. Probably around that time. Since my daughters will be out of school we will try to wait for a good report of weather for a 5 or 6 day stretch hopefully. We love Telegraph Cove. I've been there with the family once and with friends fishing a couple other times. Beautiful area.
Great share..thank U
Thank you Derby. My pleasure sharing

Well I was definitely a bit bored but one other thing I didn't mention is that my eldest teen daughter was being very hard to deal with for a couple days straight lol so it also was a kind of temporary escape.

I can relate to that over the previous 2-3 years! Now, the same daughter has been asking me to take her out fishing again (a first since summer of 2014). Did a local lake trip this past weekend, she had a blast.

Looks like a great trip. So much value in just getting away for a few days to 'reset' and a great opportunity to take in nature and enjoy some solitude.

I can relate to that over the previous 2-3 years! Now, the same daughter has been asking me to take her out fishing again (a first since summer of 2014). Did a local lake trip this past weekend, she had a blast.

Looks like a great trip. So much value in just getting away for a few days to 'reset' and a great opportunity to take in nature and enjoy some solitude.

The teenage years can be rough!! That's great you and your daughter are back at fishing Prairie Locked. They grow up so freakin fast.
It really is amazing how the little trips out on the ocean can help you reset like you say. Mother nature is great at calming things down in us.

Back