Prawning Spots in Deep Cove (North Van)

ElectricDyck

Hey just wondering if anybody has any tips on where to prawn in deep cove?

I've heard rumors of people doing well in there but in the last couple times I've gone I didn't get more than 10 prawns total and some smaller shrimp ....

Anybody prawn Deep Cove with success?

Not sure about deep cove itself but there’s certainly some prawns up Indian arm. I’ve dropped a set and done okay. I’d guess the further you run up likely the better it gets with less pressure.

Yeah I meant Indian Arm..got into a habit of calling the whole arm Deep Cove....

Ive dropped numerous places up and down the arm....I'm determined to figure it out..

Lots of muddy areas for small shrimp but spot prawns are harder to find up there. 170' and muddy bottom and you can get hundreds of small shrimp. Coonstripe maybe? It's been a while since I've gone up there. There are spot prawns but not in huge numbers.

Better to go up Howe sound or further west if you want spot prawns

It’s a tough prawning area for sure but they are out there somewhere. Gotta do long soaks. And crabbing has been crap the last few times I’ve been out there.

I was building a cabin up the Arm. Around 2010. A coworker got prawns a couple times per week. Quite a few per trap but he'd pull them with out us, so i dont know exact location. Almost at the end of the arm.

I was building a cabin up the Arm. Around 2010. A coworker got prawns a couple times per week. Quite a few per trap but he'd pull them with out us, so i dont know exact location. Almost at the end of the arm.
Location,location,location. Lol

Back