Pot Pullers

P

psheahan

Hello. Pat here in Sitka Ak. I have just started shrimping. Does anyone know how to rig up a pot puller on the cheap. I can't afoord the commercial models.

Thanks for any advice.

Pat

Costco on the Island doesnt carry these motors any more but I am using a 2000 lb ATV winch that I purchased at Canadian Tire for $70.

Talons

Costco on the Island doesnt carry these motors any more but I am using a 2000 lb ATV winch that I purchased at Canadian Tire for $70.

Talons

Hey First off sweet looking hauler.... Looks pretty solid!!!

quote:This winter, I pulled 6 traps on one string with no problems.
Hey I don't mean to bust your chops... As I am not sure where your from and whether your just sport fishing but I was pretty sure the sport limit for traps was 4 per string as long as both ends were marked?? You were just putting down unbaited traps to test the speed right ;) :D Once again great work on the hauler!!!

Hey First off sweet looking hauler.... Looks pretty solid!!!

quote:This winter, I pulled 6 traps on one string with no problems.
Hey I don't mean to bust your chops... As I am not sure where your from and whether your just sport fishing but I was pretty sure the sport limit for traps was 4 per string as long as both ends were marked?? You were just putting down unbaited traps to test the speed right ;) :D Once again great work on the hauler!!!

MY father in law made one from a window wiper motor he got from princess auto hes aretired machinst with too much time on his hands

MY father in law made one from a window wiper motor he got from princess auto hes aretired machinst with too much time on his hands

Gone fishin

Yeah, your right. They were not all on one string. There were 2 strings of 3 traps. The second set drifted over the first set without us knowing. When we lifted the first set, the other one came along as well. Those wheel chair motors are a real workhorse...

Gone fishin

Yeah, your right. They were not all on one string. There were 2 strings of 3 traps. The second set drifted over the first set without us knowing. When we lifted the first set, the other one came along as well. Those wheel chair motors are a real workhorse...

i have one i bought for $350,
never been used. i got it from a guy makes them out of his garage for a hobby.
you can have itr for what ive paid,
life time warranty
plugs into scotty plug + mount

Nedarb2, where are you located at. I'm in Nanaimo and wouldn't mind having a look at your prawn puller. mikiki@shaw.ca
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

I'd recommend staying with the 1500# winches not the 2000/2500 series. The larger the wieght rating the lower the gearing so the slower the line is brought in. 1500#s is lot's and mine retreives at 80-90 feet per minute.

They really are pretty easy to make if you have access to the tools.

Back