portable marine speakers?

I was looking at those. They do have some pretty good reviews. What started me looking this year was a segment on Global News on tech stuff and they were talking about The Pill by Dr.Dre Funny how when I went online there were so many negative reviews though. At that point I was hooked looking for the best review of a PORTABLE SPEAKER... :)

The Bose system was on sale for $269 and I had a $50 gift card so it was a no brainer reading all the positive reviews on so many site. At the reg. price of $329 I was not ready to buy but for $219 including a 12v charging cable is hooked.

Fingers crossed it didn't just get suckered.....

The only sounds I want to hear when I am out fishing is the purr of the motor, weather reports , and the scream of a reel!

Why? Did you winterized your boat...... :) Some of us continue to fish year around, and would like portable speakers well doing so.... :)

well- it's an enclosed alumn with heater--just thought a lighter mood would be good--I like your posts FA- just thought you were getting a little testy after taking some heat on another thread here....You seem to be a straight up guy, and I enjoy that as opposed to the politically correct crowd, so save your righteousness (did I spell that?-lol) for those that NEED a slap- lol

[QUOTE

The Bose system was on sale for $269 and I had a $50 gift card so it was a no brainer reading all the positive reviews on so many site. At the reg. price of $329 I was not ready to buy but for $219 including a 12v charging cable is hooked.

Fingers crossed it didn't just get suckered.....[/QUOTE]

I have one and use it all the time. Sound is quite good and portability is great. Combined with bluetooth on your phone, listen to what you want, your own music, radio, whatever and wherever. I can't say it's often I'm away from a 12v charge of some kind, but if there's a downside, my battery lasts only a few hours.

[QUOTE

Fingers crossed it didn't just get suckered.....

I have one and use it all the time. Sound is quite good and portability is great. Combined with bluetooth on your phone, listen to what you want, your own music, radio, whatever and wherever. I can't say it's often I'm away from a 12v charge of some kind, but if there's a downside, my battery lasts only a few hours.[/QUOTE]

i have a pretty quiet four stroke 25hp but could I hear the music over my motor wheil im cruising to a fishing area?

They have them on sale and set up at Costco. Played with one yesterday. Was waiting for someone to tell me to turn it down. I left it full volume playing :) They the a cheaper but even louder one right beside it. It sounded real good, but I already bought the Bose.

They have them on sale and set up at Costco. Played with one yesterday. Was waiting for someone to tell me to turn it down. I left it full volume playing :) They the a cheaper but even louder one right beside it. It sounded real good, but I already bought the Bose.

ok cool ill have a look at it. do you think you would be able to hear the music over my motor?

i have a pretty quiet four stroke 25hp but could I hear the music over my motor wheil im cruising to a fishing area?[/QUOTE]

Haven't heard your motor but I would guess you would.

Old thread but...
Got an 'Ultimate ears boom' speaker. Loud, good bass for its size (better than jawbone jambox or dr dre pill), lasts 8 hrs medium volume and less cranked. Best thing, water resistant. Good reviews online, and it works great for me.
Also, highly recommend external battery by Anker, e4 or e5. Two usb ports will charge phone and speaker at same time. Will charge an iphone from empty 4 times!

Back