Port Renfrew Reports -- Spring and Summer 2011

I've been seeing on other reports from the Tofino area that they are getting a few tuna now. Has anyone made the run from Renfrew this year at all or is it too far of a run to the break? Just curious is all. I'd love to crew for someone that has some experience on the tuna front. I have a good rig but just a little light if the weather changes on that far of a run. Cheers!

Re: (Anyone know how the Marina Derby went over the weekend? )

My friend who fishes up there came in 4'th with a 29lber. in the Marina derby this weekend, 3'rd - 31, 2'nd - 33, 1'st - 35. Is what he just told me this morning.
He also got a 22lber. and both were whites!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reelslim, when is your next trip to the Island? I didnt get a chance to come see you last time at your new place. Hopefully next time your here. Headin out for the coho derby end of Sept. Maybe see u then?

what is the date of the coho derby??? i heard oct 1st was the date, but not sure , but i wanna book my trip with the surrey boys

hello out there.. can anyone report is there any numbers of coho showing up yet around the bell boy area within 3or4 kms. from shore?? thanx for any imfo...c.a.

Anyone know if/when the gov't docks are getting pulled for the season. Thanks in advance.

I don't have a suitable boat right now but whe ido, what is the procedure at the Gov dock. Why isn't it listed? Iis the cost around $10? When we go out we try for max coverage, thus early nag later bites. Thanks.

Back