Port Renfrew Hali's

R

roscoe-pco

Need some reports PLEASE will be there Thursday night for my first west coast outing, any tips, reports recommendations etc etc would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys. Anyone feel like trading a hot hali spot for a great day of sturgeon fishing on the Fraser???

Halibut fishing is balls to the walls, we got our 10 today quite quickly. Just find any nice bump (Outside the closure), and work the lures. Don't bother with bait unless you want to see lots of doggies, Berkley saltwater baits have been among the best, but a big ol' Tommy spoon off a spreader bar hasn't been bad either.

I agree with lastchance, ie..cause I am the one he took out.. was a hoot had our fish in the boat by 9:15 am too bad the springs were not cooperating[V] will survive with our chickens:D

all though some nice springs were being cleaned looked up to 30 ish

RS

so you went out to siwft nothin closer, roughly how far with decent conditions from renfrew, so I know if I need extra fuel with me.east side west??

There are lots of fish closer, you have to anchor up on the right spots for them. It is not fast and furious, when you are in closer they are better size. We were a lot closer to Bamfield then to Renfrew where we got 'em, the trip is totally unnecessary if you only are fun fishing for one or two people. Just park anywhere between Carmanah and Nitinat on some structure and work the gear.

Back