Port McNeill next weekend

Robalo245

I'm headed to Pt McNeill next weekend for 3 days. I've never fished that area so I was hoping for recents reports and/or info on where to try. Are the springs moving through yet? I'd also like to try and get my 2 boys (7 and 5) into their first halibut. Thanks for any info you could offer up!

It's a little early for prime time springs.
The usual spots, backside of Malcolm Donegal head to Lizard point, in front of Double bay, bold head, Craycroft.
If you want close to McNeil troll Ledge point to Lady Ellen in 100 to 150 ft of water.
The secret spot in Mitchel bay in front of the red barn.
Halis should be good if the tides are not too big.
200 to 250 feet off of Lizard point, 250 ft in front of Whitestone Islets, Georges bank southeast end 280 to 330 ft.
Spreader bar dragged along the bottom, herring, salmon bellies, octopus, power grub (glow white).
Good luck

Just talked to a buddy that's a guide there and he said the spring fishing has been slow lately. He said it should be a little better by now but you never know till you try.

Thanks for the info guys. We're really looking forward to the trip. Hopefully I'll have some good pics to post when we get back! Thanks again, much appreciated

It's a little early for prime time springs.
The usual spots, backside of Malcolm Donegal head to Lizard point, in front of Double bay, bold head, Craycroft.
If you want close to McNeil troll Ledge point to Lady Ellen in 100 to 150 ft of water.
The secret spot in Mitchel bay in front of the red barn.
Halis should be good if the tides are not too big.
200 to 250 feet off of Lizard point, 250 ft in front of Whitestone Islets, Georges bank southeast end 280 to 330 ft.
Spreader bar dragged along the bottom, herring, salmon bellies, octopus, power grub (glow white).
Good luck

Can't figure out where Whitestone Islets are?

Back