Port McNeil reports?

Clipper

Any reports from up Port McNeil way? I'm heading up there on Monday for a few days fishing and was wondering what's happening. Any sox around? Forecast is for rain most of next week so hope the winds are reasonable.

Fishing has been good, lots of pinks (and some are huge 7-8 lbs is not uncommon), sox are coming through in waves, but not like last year, and there is some good spring fishing to be had. Forget coho with the stupid hatchery only fishery, but most other species are good. I have heard of a few chum as well and I have released a couple myself....well they kind of released themselves....

Will be out tomorrow and can update after the trip.

Cheers

SS

Thanks for the info. With any luck we'll hit one of the waves of sockeye on their way bye. Good luck today!

Back with 4 pinks, one 7 lbs, and one sox. Did not even try for springs, but there was a few caught. Fished the first 3 hours of the flood in the rain........

Cheers

SS

I have been up here for 3 weeks and have fished WCVI and around Telegraph cove. This is our 22 season up here . This year has been very inconsistant with some days great some days real slow. This week the fishing for springs has been hot and cold. This am we got 3 springs , 26 , 18, 15. Kept the two larger fish. In addition we went into Double Bay and got 4 pinks. They seem to be much larger this year averaging around 7 lbs. We have seen very few coho this year and have caught only one on the inside.There continues to be the odd coho at the cleaning table with species indentification being a problem . Weather turned today and it is raining . We have had a couple of problem bears in camp this year and we had our coolers damaged last nite. Some neighbors had their freezer knocked over and the contents eaten/removed. One bear is a real shooter, looks to be approx a 6 footer and has been eating well. Good luck to all heading out

Back