Port hardy Trip!! Awesome!

Saltwater Cowboy

Firt time to Port hardy fishing, the weater was great and the water was fairly calm for the most part. Ran to Pine Island both days and managed a 85lb,50lb,37lb,33lb halibut all in three hours plus lost a couple nice ones, so we decided to book it in and catch the canucks game at IV's Pub. Yesterday went out for another three hours and managed 4 more hali's all between 20-35lbs. So all in all we fished a total of 6 hours landed 8 halis's and lost at least 5 more. Great trip unfortunately a little early for springs so we didn't nother trying!

SWC

Did you catch any yellow eye? I was at pine in August last year , we couldn't bottom fish for long cause of the yellow eye. the way the regs are and the fact that you can't release snapper it was hard get into the Hali's.
Have you anchored up there before ?

Yeah it was a great trip!! I have pics of the two big ones but they are on my brothers camer, hopefully I can get them posted sooner than later. We did manage on red snapper but that was it. As for fishing there before, that was my first time and we drifted and back trolled but didn't anchor up at all.

SWC

Back