Port Hardy Fishing Trip

e-zee

I'm planning a June trip to Port Hardy for 3 boats and 9 or 10 guys. Google has us thinking we will stay at the Quarterdeck Inn, eat at the pub and keep the boats at the Marina. Alternatively, does anyone have a recommendation for cabins? Not looking for luxury just somewhere clean and dry. A fire pit would be a bonus and I don't mind a short 10 minute drive to the marina.

All 3 are good options... Great early run salmon fishing up there at that time, hali too! I'll be up there late May on my way through to Pr Rupert and Alaska.

Sounds like it will be busy around there at that time. I'm taking 2 of my best friends up there in mid-June. Thinking of renting cabin at Cluxewe and then we can launch at Pt McNeil or Pt Hardy. We want to fish salmon and Hali. Any tips will be appreciated.

Trip is happening Monday. Ended up 3 boats and 7 guys. 2 dropped out because of the new regulations. None of us have fished Port Hardy before so if anyone has any recent reports or better yet are willing to share some fishing locations and local tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Trip is happening Monday. Ended up 3 boats and 7 guys. 2 dropped out because of the new regulations. None of us have fished Port Hardy before so if anyone has any recent reports or better yet are willing to share some fishing locations and local tips it would be greatly appreciated.
Where are you staying?

X2 on the Quarterdeck. Was there last week but slept on the boat but had a look around.
Pub with good food, especially the halibut burgers, seafood chowder and cute waitresses. Marina steps away, fuel $1.57 a litre, quality fish cleaning station, Beer and Wine store, some gear and marine supplies, showers, garbage dispensers if required. Great steep launch.Trailer and truck storage within walking distance. Everything you need is a arms throw away.

Back