Port Hardy Report

Saltwater Cowboy

Well we just got back from 31/2 days in Hardy and the Sping fishing was very slow lost two and boated 2 in the low 20's all in a bout 25 hours of trolling!! However we landed 14 coho in that same time all at Duval Point and they were 12 wild and 2 hatchery ranging in size form 3lbs-8lbs we were allowed on wild and one marked each day and at one point had a triple header. We only kept 4 as we are hoping that by releasing the majority that will bode well for the rivers in the fall!! we did fish a grand total of 2 hours for halibut and managed a 15lb and a 75lb, 1 ling and three larges black sea bass. Not bad for a couple hours. harpoon went right through the stomach and right back out on the big one and he sounded all the way back to the bottom and man I thought I was tired bringing him up the first time oh well we got him in the end!

The good news is my brother who guides in Tasu Sound in the Charlottes said it's been brutally slow for springs this year and then all of a sudden the last three days they have been limiting their guests out in a few hours so it sounds like they have arrived up there which means another week and they'll be here!! Woo Hoo

SWC

Typically, for this time of year the salmon fishing in Hardy is just o.k..
Things really pick up after the July long weekend and are great right through august.
I keep reading how everybody wants to got to Hardy in May or June to fish for salmon and It is typically slow.
Halibut on the other hand is usually gangbusters is you get the right weather.
Duval is a super busy spot as well and if you venture further....you can find some wicked spots.

I guide out of Port Hardy, and the Spring fishing has been great. All our clients have limited out on Springs and hali's as well. Just last weekend we limited out on hali's (10 of them) in under an hour. Not huge size...the largest being 38lbs, with many around 30lbs-35lbs and avg about 25lbs. So far, so good!

David
www.serengetifishingcharters.com
1-888-271-2275

Back