Port Alberni / Bamfield Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Just getting Dunn Deal loaded for a week of fishing out of Salmon Beach with buddies. What's the best bet for fishing locations? Outside or in? We have our favorite spots but also like to check in to see where/how everyone is doing? Thanks.

I'm staying out there mid week too to Sunday..were you staying? PM me

Just got the okay from the mrs. to head up to Toquart for the first time this weekend. I've been lucky this year; Nootka, the Nook and Toquart within a month...can't wait to try the other side of the sound. Never made it over to sail, alley, great bear. Look forward to giving it a shot!

Found a solid grade of fish today offshore with 3 tyees and 5 others over 20. Pilchard tomic spoons outfished the plugs 2-1. 50-80 ft. Got some sweet footage and pics ill post soon. Even tried to jump in the water with a some porpises and a humpback that swam over but the viz was **** so i didnt stay in long.

Found a solid grade of fish today offshore with 3 tyees and 5 others over 20. Pilchard tomic spoons outfished the plugs 2-1. 50-80 ft. Got some sweet footage and pics ill post soon. Even tried to jump in the water with a some porpises and a humpback that swam over but the viz was **** so i didnt stay in long.

Right on Kelly. Thanks for the report. Can't wait to see the pic's and vid. Only you would jump out of a perfectly good boat:D.

Three tyees Kelly...well done man! Fishbc.org will be jealous...he may even tell you caught he 4 tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Took a ton of pictures off of video. Here are some.

e4ec80b0.jpg

014-1.jpg

uvs110809-002.jpg

uvs110809-003.jpg

NEWS FLASH: School of Man eating Salmon Caught off Bamfield!

OMFG Man! Nice haul!

Back