Port Alberni / Bamfield Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

IMG00308-20110710-1651.jpg

IMG00298-20110709-1509.jpg

IMG00309-20110710-1651.jpg

IMG00289-20110709-1357.jpg

Great Pics FD. Looks like you guys had a great time out there.

Okay, this may be one of the most obviously stupid questions posted on this forum in recent years.
Sunday, 2 boats, 7 guys headed up Bamfield way for 3 days of fishing. We are leaving out of Cluetsi Marina in the early A.M.
Here comes the question.

Is there any point in stopping in the China Creek area to try and pick up a couple or 3 sox for Sunday night dinner?

If you are running through anyways, why not spare 30 mins and give it a shot?

doesn't hurt to try... and you never know!

baddog

Baddog, as you, I have been wondering the same thing. Probably many others wanted to ask also!
The only dumb question is the one not asked.
We are taking dad's Victoria on it's maiden salt chuck trip and would love to stay close to town for the first night in case of any issues; getting some sox would be ideal prior to running the inlet.

AV was grim earlier this week right from Chup to the dam. Hoping things have come around...

Smiley.

Just came back after fishing off shore wed/thursay..Big bank wed was a little slow at the start but did get our 4 fish between 14lb and 20lb and our halis around 20lbs..Pilchard plugs.. Fish off shore Ukee Thursdays and got into a pile of nice springs to 30lbs.. alot of fun to be had bye all.. got to love them plugs :)

Fished Barkley Tues pm, Wed, and Thurs am. I am not so sure I'd say it is "hot" but definitely good (I am most certainly NOT a Barkley expert but have been fishing it 5-10 days/year for 15 years). We had luck at most places we fished with Swale producing the most fish and largest. Everything for us was on bait and deeper - 100' plus. Certainly some stories of epic days but we didn't see THAT many nets out. Great fighting fish. Lots of 5-8lbers. Biggest for us was 30. Man I wish I could be back out there...

as said "Swale was HOT last weekend " , the banks are rediculously HOT right now !!! period......

i just got off the phone with 3 friends in different rigs , limited out in 2 hours this morning 15- 32 lbs ,
they even left a little later in the morning
if thats not hot , i dont know what ta say ??

there still laughing there a$$es off ,

get out there...

fd

Spring Fevers travelling Gong show and flying circus is going to slide down from Winter Harbour and see what the fuss is about-off -shore Bamfield mid- week. If you see us give us a wave-beer is better!! If we're smilin your either a pretty girl or we got some slabs you are free to drool over. Hey FD you going to be out there? what channel do you work -read your threads all the time!! Tight Lines

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving tomorrow for the next 4 days of Killing it off Ukee! If your looking for a cold beer we are at Ukee Campground, first site on the left behind the fence across from the office. Will be on ch 68 give us a shout! Gonna be epic!

SWC

"Brook"

Going to be at Ukee next Thursday for 10 days. Is anyone else going to be at Island West later next week? I have been going there for the past twenty or so years. From the sounds of he reports there must be fish all over the place! Can hardle wait to get there. I will be at B slip, 24' Bayliner all white. Stop by if anyone is in the area.

Spring Fevers travelling Gong show and flying circus is going to slide down from Winter Harbour and see what the fuss is about-off -shore Bamfield mid- week. If you see us give us a wave-beer is better!! If we're smilin your either a pretty girl or we got some slabs you are free to drool over. Hey FD you going to be out there? what channel do you work -read your threads all the time!! Tight Lines

Not sure quite yet , kinda fished out lol,,, , i am there for a week August 8th though , lookin forward to that forsure,
not on the radio a whole lot , ch 6 or 68 mostly ,

gd luck out there

fd

Looks like good fishing all over this year, some beauties still coming im sure. Im coming down to Bamfeild Aug 10th to 15th, is there some must have spoons that i could bring with me, colour and size? Any info would be appreciated, its been a few years since ive been on the Salmon scene.
Thanks Guys!

Back