porlier pass/ thrasher.

Nice pics, I55. Looks like your boat morphed into something a bit bigger for the Ling picture, though...;)

There ya go I55. Thanks for posting.

matts pictures 007.jpgmatts pictures 008.jpg
went out to thrasher today at 4;30 in the morning and got some beuty salmon with salmonslayer. (1) 12lb chinook, 1 beuty wild coho, and some non legal sized chinooks not shown in picturs:) anchovys were the trick for me today deffently.

Fished thrasher this evening, hooked into one nice salmon @ 90', after a few runs it gained about a 100 pounds and took off like freight train, lost it and my gear to a seal. Ended up picking up a nice ling and a fat rockfish though.

going to be heading up to my cabin on Sunday for the next week... fishing polier. will let you now how it goes.

Islander have you learned how to gaff release a fish yet? Or since your free board so low just a hand or plier release?

Not sure if wilds are open were you are but I hope that fish didnt have to go back with major fin damage and scale loss. I see your giant net. Nice to have a medium rubber one for coho if you have to net them. Like 50 bucks at Canadian Tire. Its the knots on the twine net that rub off the scales. Or letting them thrash around in the bottom of the boat.

I know you fish alot so its really easy to learn and protects these fish.

Islander is just learning I sure hope he reads that post and it makes a differece.

I pleaded with Kunni in the freshwater section to get a C&R net for the lake. He wasen't keeping the trout he was catching and was using a notted mesh net. I am very happy he bought a new net!

Cheers

With the 'OK' to post this report for a ladd not on the forum.... Thrasher produced a Doozy this morning. I will let the picture do the talkin...wow!!

Lured to the boat with a green glow hoochie. What a fish! and yet another exclamation point on the great year it has been for the Straight of Georgia. So who's going for its twin brother!?

I tried to fish porlier on saturday and was greeted with down right miserable weather. We were able to fish the slack on the inside to pick up a couple lings (9-10 lbs) but simply to rough on the outside. Quite a few boats went out and quite quickly came back in. I'm guessing there weren't too many people out there this weekend.

I tried to fish porlier on saturday and was greeted with down right miserable weather. We were able to fish the slack on the inside to pick up a couple lings (9-10 lbs) but simply to rough on the outside. Quite a few boats went out and quite quickly came back in. I'm guessing there weren't too many people out there this weekend.

hey where abouts in the inside were you fishing those lings at.

Back