porlier pass/ thrasher.

June 23rd was fun. Fished Porlier most of the day with decent success. 4 springs from 9-15 pounds. Released 2 wild coho and 6 undersized lings. 3 of the springs were at 125 feet and one at 60. The later part of the day had the fish shallow in 250 feet of water.

Islander55, was that you in the black and silver Lund with the 25hp Merc? Glad to see you out on the water finally getting your lines wet. Make sure you check the weather forecast and tides before you head to the outside as it can be quite surprising sometimes. How was the fishing?

June 23rd was fun. Fished Porlier most of the day with decent success. 4 springs from 9-15 pounds. Released 2 wild coho and 6 undersized lings. 3 of the springs were at 125 feet and one at 60. The later part of the day had the fish shallow in 250 feet of water.

Islander55, was that you in the black and silver Lund with the 25hp Merc? Glad to see you out on the water finally getting your lines wet. Make sure you check the weather forecast and tides before you head to the outside as it can be quite surprising sometimes. How was the fishing?

haha sure was me , yes i know about the tides and currents dont worry lol. and i had a hit at about 180ft of water, then i moved into the inside of porlier pass because it was going to start ripping like current wise, and i jig the inside and kept getting caught on the rocks, and so i went to bear point to check and rebait my crab pots and did good there, got about 8 nice keeper males:), witch boat were you??

Got out sunday, hit thrasher first from 8 to 1, only one shaker to show for it. Saw 4 fish caught around us. Headed down to my usual spot and picked up a 12 to 15 lb spring on a spatter back hootchie.

Nice day but it seems its between waves of fish, waiting for more to come in.

was out at thrasher rock this morning since 5 in the morning got, 3 bites and then decided to jig and me and my buddy got our limit in half hour and then caught more around 5 that were easily over 15lbs and did catch and release, biggest ling was 25lbs:)

hoping to blast over sunday and Monday.

Wanting to head out to Thrasher tomorrow. Can anyone recommend the quickest way to get there? I'm from Ladysmith, and trying to decide if we should go from Ladysmith on the inside, or from Brechin Road, around the outside of Gabriola. Also, any tips for placement of prawn traps out there?

Thanks.

Well- it's not faster by boat- just faster than driving to Nanaimo, launching etc. If it's good weather the trip from Porlier to Thrasher is a nice troll. Probably faster through Gabriola if you are going at speed---Nice to have so many options. On a nice day you could try them both.

Beautiful day south of Thrasher. Ran into a 16, and this beaut @ 23.

Man I told you guys that ETEC gets great fuel economy. Thrasher and back on 14L! Lol

Nice fish Nick! And they were saying the bite was over at Thrasher! I think not.

We are staying at Pender Island for the weekend and I have no idea where to fish down here. The Pender Bluffs don't seem to be producing and I am wondering about Active Pass. Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

Back