Pirate's Den LED's

Thank y'all for the kind words !!

In today's economy fishing time is short. Between work, family, fuel and insurance costs, ever tightening restrictions, size slots and a slew of many other barriers for us, the time we spend on the water is more pressurized than ever before. Therefore, it is imperative that Pirates Den products {and everyone else's} must perform.

A failure on my part can mean a failure on yours. And I ain't about to stand for that.

You can also put them in the Pirates Den glow wench(sold at HC) which in my opinion is actually better than the turd but of similar size. I believe it might hold 2 lights especially if you clip the top loop off with a pair of side cutters or just sand it off. I have never tried this but it certainly would make it noticeable down deep. I have tried putting a piece of sponge in the nose of the wench (turd) ahead of the LED and shooting it with a hypo full of any number of fishey oils. This is an amazing enhancer for all fish!!

Yep.

We have customers down Florida way that use the Wench Pearl Glow with different combinations of lights, most notably a double flash green and double flash UV in the lure at the same time. Another combination is double red and double UV.

As far as the cotton ball, we often build special requested lighted Wenches. The preferred ball to use is a pom-pom. The lure is rigged as usual, but inside the lure body at the top of the light unit, simply tuck a pom-pom inside. Then, the light unit can be squeezed out and scent oil poured over the pom-pom and the light reinstalled. The light unit acts as a restrictor to limit the flow.

The pom-poms can be bought at any dollar store, Wal-Mart or artsy/craftsy place. I have not been able to find any difference in quality of the things so save some change and just buy at the dollar store. The really cool thing about them is that they can be used with any lure. The squid or octopus bodies can hold the pom-pom neatly inside and you can either tie them on or if you're talented, run your hook through the pom-pom and thread it on the line. They are cheap enough that it is affordable to just throw them away at the end of the day.

Just got back from Winter Harbour where I had a chance to try a Jughead with a pearl glow wench and a double flash LED. Hadn't intended to go off-shore so had no anchovys . I thought I'd give this rig a whirl-Had only one!! Jigger Jim gave me the anchovy head Juggie to try and I rigged it with the Wench and LED as shown. Sept 4th-pretty slow off-shore- put it down and in an hour took 2 springs to 20lbs and 1- 10 lb coho. A terrific strike and release at 200 ft of wire-line is peeling like crazy and I can't get the rod out of the holder easily-then it is all over-breaks off-May have been a very large hali as they are prone to the wench and LED's. This was not a full test that I usually run on gear but it did make me want to try it again under more structured circumstances.

Attachments

• DSC01183.jpg
    DSC01183.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 126
Back