pinks

c.askin

are the pinks showing up yet in any number at sooke yet ????????? thanks in advance for any info:)[8D][8D]

We were out today and caught one small pink close to shore. There were a lot of people out in the tide lines targeting pinks and coho's I am assuming. Most people at the cleaning table had Springs (including us).

Good luck.

We were out today and caught one small pink close to shore. There were a lot of people out in the tide lines targeting pinks and coho's I am assuming. Most people at the cleaning table had Springs (including us).

Good luck.

Was out this morning,absoututely could not keep them off,must have shook off 25 of them before I had, had enough.Oddly, 4 inch watermelon and green white glow coyote spoons 45 to 65 feet fast troll.DAN

Was out this morning,absoututely could not keep them off,must have shook off 25 of them before I had, had enough.Oddly, 4 inch watermelon and green white glow coyote spoons 45 to 65 feet fast troll.DAN

Was out at Sooke today, kept 5 nice pinks 6-8lbs and released prolly 15 more.
500ft mark off of the harbor mouth, with purple haze hootchies.
Lots of fun for the kids
Jason

Was out at Sooke today, kept 5 nice pinks 6-8lbs and released prolly 15 more.
500ft mark off of the harbor mouth, with purple haze hootchies.
Lots of fun for the kids
Jason

yeah, to follow up on what hurston said...pinks definitely everywhere out there - was similar depths trolling out from secretary and couldn't keep them off...if you had 1, you pretty much had a double header...I was just running pink squirts.

Mixed bag all in all today for me...was too snotty for my boat at 5am, so stayed close to Aldridge - caught a pink on bait?? 2 wild coho and small spring...then trolled over to Secretary with little to speak of but kelp....the crap in the water told me to just go out and have fun...so I did...mine were only 4-6lb thou...let a few small guys go, lost a few on double headers as I was solo with hands tied...did get one double header in at least. Was beautiful out in the tide lines, but still snotty by the time I got back to the head.

There was a 28.6 weighed in when i got back and another looked in low 20's...didn't ask where and on what.

yeah, to follow up on what hurston said...pinks definitely everywhere out there - was similar depths trolling out from secretary and couldn't keep them off...if you had 1, you pretty much had a double header...I was just running pink squirts.

Mixed bag all in all today for me...was too snotty for my boat at 5am, so stayed close to Aldridge - caught a pink on bait?? 2 wild coho and small spring...then trolled over to Secretary with little to speak of but kelp....the crap in the water told me to just go out and have fun...so I did...mine were only 4-6lb thou...let a few small guys go, lost a few on double headers as I was solo with hands tied...did get one double header in at least. Was beautiful out in the tide lines, but still snotty by the time I got back to the head.

There was a 28.6 weighed in when i got back and another looked in low 20's...didn't ask where and on what.

We fished Otter yesterday in the morning looking for springs. Probably hooked into 25 Pinks and took our limits home. A couple of triple headers and lost count of the double headers. Scrappy for pinks! released a few smaller springs.

Tips up!

how / where do you fish pinks off sooke? my uncles taking me to sooke next weekend but has only fished sooke twice, neither for pinks. thanks!

anywhere really as you can catch them close to shore, but if you are targeting them, head out to the tidelines (2nd or 3rd) - if you can't figure out where they are, start trolling out to the states from any point in sooke in the 30-70' range and when you get your double header, start running parallel to shore. I found it doesn't 'really' matter, but my finder was reading around 520' where I couldn't keep them off, and that was consistent with last week as well. You can also just keep your eye out for the piles of kelp as well as a good indicator or just go where the largest concentration of boats in the middle of nowhere exist (ie, away from the shore circus)

We usually start the morning fishing springs and then head due SW (towards Pillar Point),Change the gear over to plankton hootchies or squirts, pink , red and green/white and Krippled K or Tom-mac, Coyote spoons ,Halfpink/halfpearl white all on short leaders 32"or less behind a flasher. Usually stacking one dummy Flasher under 2 stacked rods 30' apart. Saturday the fish were a little deeper 85-105'.;) We have no troubles once we got them we just circle or figure eight and stay with them by watching jumpers,sounder,birds,tidelines etc.. Good Luck there is lots of catchin to be done, they are thick out there!!![^]
Ps Halibut love to eat them and they make the best'Candied Salmon'
GO GET ER DONE!!

Nedarb,If you launch at Cheanuh run out about half a mile past Beechy head dop the gear down and head for the states,don't go parallel to the shore till you hit them then figure eights.I have found the best lure to catch them is sold at Trotac in Victoria its called a wild eyed googly thing in red or yellow.Leader go two and a half times the flasher length,and three times the flasher length.green and red hot spot,one thing with pinks is to try to keep at least one rod in the water at all times even if you have a fish on it they seem to follow along then,I dont use a net just flick them in.Oh yeah dont wear your Sunday best they are messy.DAN

Back