Pinks out of nanaimo or parksville?

Charter Tofino

I have been trying to think of what to do now that spring fishing has died off. If 21 million pinks are headin to the fraser at least a few million must pass down the inside. Has anyone targetted them here? I have seen a few schools inshore but have never caught any or really heard of them. I was thinking of fishing the tidelines offshore like the sooke guys and stack rods between 120-50feet. Anyone done this before?

Rumour has it that a few pinks are in the Nanaimo River as I write this and they expect an excellent return there this summer. I believe they still pen-release pinks at numerous beach locations up the east coast boding well for good numbers in the inner straight regardless of Frazer fish. Can't see any reason why the 'Sooke method' would not work there...except for near-shore 'staging' fish. Tight lines!

I've seen two schools in Baynes Sound in the last week.

There were a couple of dudes flyfishing down at Nile on the weekend, but I didn't ask how they made out.

quote:Originally posted by Osama Bin Hopper

I've seen two schools in Baynes Sound in the last week.

There were a couple of dudes flyfishing down at Nile on the weekend, but I didn't ask how they made out.
Jeff, if I do happen to actually make it out to the isle this year it will be around the 7th or 8th. I heard you are coming to the desert this week sometime.I'd advise a lot of sunscreen and a hat..especially if you have the hairdo you usually have. It's been extremely hot here the past couple of weeks and the humidity is way higher than normal. I hear you are going to be a honorary bartender at your old establishment? If I can swing it i'll drop in for one of your martini specials..catch ya!!

Back