Pinks on the fly.

Went their about 10 am to see if anybody was giving it a try, saw 5 people at that time, after 1 pm their was about 20 people. Cant get on the Ocean with the weather socked in Courtenay and Campell River so people kneed a fish fix, all the tackle shops were full of people today, hope the the weather gets better soonest in are area.

Ditto here. I've been watching daily and checking with anyone on the water. Aside from the odd small trout, no ones tying into anything yet. Tried a couple of different times in various locals for an hour or two each over the past few days with no results. Checked the pier as well to see if anyone is into them in the channel and aside from some nice chinooks coming in, no pink love so far.

Thats what my 8 wt rod was for. Fly fishing for socks in the Babine back when I lived in smithers. They would be one hell of a fight even on an 8. Too bad they dwell so deep on the coast here.

As for the pinks on a fly rod, ive seen several guys fishing them at the pullout off the end of larwood road there.
Also anyone in the CR area thats looking for good play when the pinks are in, they should hit up the rocks in front of the pier first light(ish). Trout strength gear is all you need. I limited out on pinks there last year a few times before 7am. If you see some jackass with a collapseable rod there it's probably me.

Tips and bottoms up friends.

Meet you there!!... So not off the pier, but on the rocks which side?

My understanding in talking to others at the pier it's the rocks to the south at the edge of the small bay there.

Back