Photos of the Adventure Marine swim platform bracket - from Surrey

Peahead

For those asking about the swim platform bracket for a kicker here is how I installed my Adventure Marine swim platform bracket ( $325 )
a couple shots of it on my Grady 228 with Grady drive /pod and a third photo is of another Adventure Marine bracket on another boat showing a stainless post/turnbuckle device to add support to that boat's swim platform/grid. The other boat in the third photo is a I/O and therefore has no outboard outdrive/pod under the platform so I think would absoloutely need the added support bar that they have installed.

On mine I will evenually add a suppport bar from the outer( port) side of the bracket to the transom. Presently the platform is supported well by the main pwr's Grady drive pod . The support bar will help stop the little bit of flexing of the swim platform corner and offer max. support on that corner of the platform. I raised the bracket up buy cutting two pieces of starboard and drilling through then all 5 bolts sandwiching the bracket, starboard,swim platform and finally the big aluminum backing plate underneath the swim platform (that Adventure Marine sold seperatly) .

I had to cut about an inch off one side of the aluminum backing plate to fit under the swim platform and have its pre-drilled holes line up with the bracket's holes. Its about 11" square.

IMG_1698.jpgIMG_1696.jpgIMG_1318.jpg

For about $250 additional, I could have got a custom pod style bracket made
( such as we did on the Grady 232) however I liked this bracket for speed of purchase/ delivery and for less cost plus the fact I didn't have to drill four more holes through the transom( one only way above water line for pwr and fuel) .
The 232 bracket is more skookum though and looks and works fantastic. The swim grid bracket the way I set it up, puts the kicker prop at the correct depth when running but titlted up and at rest about 3" of the leg sits in the water. Kinda was hoping it tilted the leg clear of the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back