Photo Thread

Hey Gallivanter--I'm also curious where you got the picture of the Tafone rock formation----Gabriola? Newcastle?

One of the joys of living where I do is having good numbers of birds to enjoy when they are doing their thing.

I've seen all kinds of bird interactions here, ranging from an Eagle laboriously swimming across the estuary to finally crawl onto the beach with a big dead Duck in its talons to Eagles fighting, chasing off Turkey Vultures and arguing with Crows and Ravens.

I've watched a pair of Eagles courting and mating on the pole close to the Tyee Clubhouse and any number of other actions.

I must say that have never ever seen an Eagle in quite this bedraggled a state in all the years I've been here, though, so I thought I'd share.

KarenBedraggledEagle.jpg

It was a dark and stormy day...........

Take care.

I'm just editing my Uke solo trip video, and this is one of the two halibut slams I missed. Top Gopro is finally catching some of the action. Dam cell service, I looked up from my phone to see the rod tip buried. I dropped by phone, but she spit the hook before I could grab it, and the next one busted the leader. 30 minutes later or so I finally landed one.
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 7.58.48 PM.png

I'm just editing my Uke solo trip video, and this is one of the two halibut slams I missed. Top Gopro is finally catching some of the action. Dam cell service, I looked up from my phone to see the rod tip buried. I dropped by phone, but she spit the hook before I could grab it, and the next one busted the leader. 30 minutes later or so I finally landed one.
View attachment 102341
Lots of opportunities 😉

IMG_1630.jpeg
Surfing channels and got stuck here again oh well better grab a drink it might be awhile before it changes !

Back