Pertronix

Totally unexpected

Anyone on here converted from thunderbolt iv or v distributor to a pertronix distributor? The instructions are pretty vague and I'm curious if it's plug and play?

Anyone on here converted from thunderbolt iv or v distributor to a pertronix distributor? The instructions are pretty vague and I'm curious if it's plug and play?
This sounds like an outboard, am I correct? I have only done points conversion in a delco remy distrib. for a 165 mercruiser.

If it is a entire distrib. then you would need to line up #1 cylinder on TDC. the rotor will point at #1 wire, then you can pull it out, and put the new distrib in.
For my former 165 Mercruiser; they supplied a new base plate, electronic module, screws and gapping tool.(plastic) instructions for wiring. Warm the engine before changing the system, as it maybe hard to start with the new parts. It will be needing to be re-timed as it is way behind by 20 degrees or so.

only done it on old Mopar cars that were on points ignition... about as easy as you can get on them old dodges. Heck of allot more reliable too.

Back