Peregrine Lodge running Edgewater Boats?

fishwish

Hey,

Did anyone on here work at or go to Peregrine this summer? A friend of mine is looking at Edgewater Boats, and it is my understanding that they were running some 23' Edgewaters this summer.

Or, anyone have any other info on Edgewaters?

Thanks,

FishWish

Edgewater are one of the higher end boats around. Perigrine apparently had a number custom built CC's with inboard power thru a jack shaft to an I/O.

Hey,

Did anyone on here work at or go to Peregrine this summer? A friend of mine is looking at Edgewater Boats, and it is my understanding that they were running some 23' Edgewaters this summer.

Or, anyone have any other info on Edgewaters?

Thanks,

FishWish

I saw them everyday on the water, they look like a nice boat minus the inboard. The back of the boat where all the guests and the guide stood/sat seemed crowded because using the front of the boat as rear guests facing seats either wasn't part of the layout or they never used them. Therefore the back of the boat seemed like there wasn't enough space with the engine compartment and 3-4 people. However, watching them go out in rough water, they were miles ahead of the aluminum boats and the 17ft boston whalers that they had. They were much slower than the grady's QCL had and the aluminum boats but they seemed to take the water very well.

Peregrine is getting out of the engine lease program from Mercury, they ordered 3 custom built Edgewaters with inboard out boards, which are way better on fuel and will last 5 to 6 seasons. The cost of the lease motors is huge, they have about 30 leased mercs on Whalers and want to phase them out over the next 3 to 4 years. Their client base is also getting older and wants more comfort, these units have a built in head in the center a must for the ladies.

Back