Peninsula Boat Ramp

[/QUOTE]
Number 3) There was a 25 acre property for sale along Landsend Rd close to Swartz Bay. It has over a 1000 ft of beach access. Runs from the ocean all the way to Landsend Road. Pretty much an all weather location. Could easily accommodate a boat ramp. Its potential is more than just a Boat Launch. Parkland, camping, kayaks, the potential is huge for the greater area. It is the last piece of land like it on the Saanich Peninsula , probably the whole lower Island. It could be the Gateway to the Gulf Islands National park.
Unfortunately price is a factor and the Politicians can't see more than 3-4 years down the road. It could be like Stanley Park in our area if we purchase it now. In 25 years we would be kicking our selves for not doing it now
Seems like the politicians are dropping $15 mil every week on old hotels in Victoria. We the tax payers work our asses off to pay that but get SFA in return.

Bottom line, if we sit back and don't push this now, in the next few years we won't have any place to launch out here.

I have heard this property is going back on the market soon. It would be a great option.

Yes, this would be a great option. Question, can the politicians and taxpayers see the long term vision of the purchase.

It's the last piece of waterfront like this on the peninsula. Shame to see it developed as any lots would be overpriced for the average buyer. A greater number of people would get more use as a boat launch/park. Thinking the next generations.

With boating season ramping up, more boaters and the recent news stories about the lack of boat launching facilities for lower Vancouver Island I have started up a facebook page where the public can voice there concerns and stories for the need for another launch.

The Peninsula Marien Access Group has been working on this since 2012. I'll slowly add what it has tried and failed at accomplishing.
Let me know what you think. My hope is social media works better than what we have tried.

With boating season ramping up, more boaters and the recent news stories about the lack of boat launching facilities for lower Vancouver Island I have started up a facebook page where the public can voice there concerns and stories for the need for another launch.

The Peninsula Marien Access Group has been working on this since 2012. I'll slowly add what it has tried and failed at accomplishing.
Let me know what you think. My hope is social media works better than what we have tried.

Thanks for your work on this. I'd really like to see a launch on the west side, ideally two, one near Brentwood and one in North Saanich...a guy can dream lol.

Yes we can dream. On the facebook page check out our proposal to North Saanich, we identified three possible locations. Two are on the west side on land owned by the governments so all that is needed is a little bit of infrastructure money and it's done.

The other option is the 23 acre parcel of land for sale off of Landsend. If government had any long term vision they should purchase that and create a park as well as a boat launch. Make it the Gateway to the Gulf Islands National park. It's the last chunk of land like it on the Peninsula and once it's gone it's gone. More multi million dollar houses probably most having boats. LOL

So three options hoping for at least one to happen.

Check out the latest video on the facebook page with another option for a Boat Launch. It may cost more, than Pat Bay but for the future the potential is priceless.
Need to send a thank you to the Sidney Anglers for funding the video

It sure is an opportunity, but the government seems to be more than happy to throw money at other endeavors. Supporting what taxpayers want, no so much.

If we don't ask we won't get anything. There is business argument for this. With the huge number of boating related businesses that need access to a ramp but are now limited at Tulista due to weather and over use. Government needs to step up and support them.
We just need someone to champion the cause that can reach those that make these decisions.

Our local MP Elizabeth May hasn't done anything for the workers of our community, so not holding my breath on her getting this done.

I agree about May it seems she doesn’t want to get too involved in local issues. Might be because she was parachuted into our area after a couple of failed attempts to get elected in other parts of Canada. Then again maybe she finds local issues to trivial for her ego.
Contacted her office numerous times about issues around public fishery and never heard back. Same thing for Adam Olson. All we can do is hope we get better replacements next election.

Well if she doesn't run again the seat will open so maybe the Lib's might throw some money our way before the election to win some votes. Just have to let them know where to throw it.

Time to let them know is now.

Well if she doesn't run again the seat will open so maybe the Lib's might throw some money our way before the election to win some votes. Just have to let them know where to throw it.

Time to let them know is now.
Absolutely, looking more and more like a Fall election.

Back