Peetz

I have fished with the old school Peetz pretty much all the time for the last 10 years, yes they take some getting used to, but once you know how to just loosen the wing nut and palm it there’s nothing like it , very exciting.
A few years back at Nootka I had a operator error and freaked out took all the line off and loaded it up with mono with no backing
well wouldn’t you know I foul hooked a 18-20 lber got him on the side some how , it was like trying to reel in a piece of plywood , so no backing I’m winching him in and bang the face of the reel explodes off leaving a little piece of wood on it , then the fun started trying to keep the line on the reel
Lots of laughs and howls from my crew but I still got him in eventually , good times
Got the reel on my desk for storey time

I have fished with the old school Peetz pretty much all the time for the last 10 years, yes they take some getting used to, but once you know how to just loosen the wing nut and palm it there’s nothing like it , very exciting.
A few years back at Nootka I had a operator error and freaked out took all the line off and loaded it up with mono with no backing
well wouldn’t you know I foul hooked a 18-20 lber got him on the side some how , it was like trying to reel in a piece of plywood , so no backing I’m winching him in and bang the face of the reel explodes off leaving a little piece of wood on it , then the fun started trying to keep the line on the reel
Lots of laughs and howls from my crew but I still got him in eventually , good times
Got the reel on my desk for storey time
Oh man, that would of been something to see!

got a few peetz reels i’m thinking of parting with. two 6” and two 5” reels. will have to figure out what they are worth. i’ve had them for 20 plus years sitting on a shelf as displays
Ok sounds great. Thank you for the reply and keep me posted

Hey Kildonan , you want to part with your Peetz time clock thing?
my neighbors as a kid had a cabin down the end of kildonan!
Hi, na.. I’ll keep it.
My family Cabin was actually elsewhere in Barkley, but we used to visit my dad’s buddy in Kildonan at his place. I like it there, nice spot.

I appreciate all the help I have received. I have been able to add to my collection through the site and I look forward to adding more. Tight lines to you all!

Hey Kildonan , you want to part with your Peetz time clock thing?
my neighbors as a kid had a cabin down the end of kildonan!
I have one of the Peetz wood reel clocks with the Wake up, Fish On recording and reel running noise as the alarm sound. So cool and hard to find now and will be holding on to mine. Word is that the company in China that made the recorded sound part is gone alone with the info for the part so Peetz will not be making anymore of them. There was also a Ducks Unlimited hunter clock that had a Duck Quacking sound for the alarm and I suspect there won't be anymore of those either.

Last edited:
I have one of the Peetz wood reel clocks with the Fish on recording and reel running noise as the alarm sound, so cool and hard to find now and will be holding on to mine. Word is that the company in China that made the recorded sound part is gone alone with the info for the part so Peetz will not be making anymore of them. There was also a Ducks Unlimited hunter clock that had a Duck Quacking sound for the alarm and I suspect there won't be anymore of those either.

My dad has (had??) one of those clocks....he got it when he went to a fishing lodge back in the 1980s or early 1990s. Should see if he's still got it...

My dad has (had??) one of those clocks....he got it when he went to a fishing lodge back in the 1980s or early 1990s. Should see if he's still got it...
The clock works with the recorded sounds are not built for extreme long life with plastic parts etc. So if you have one and you want it to last and retain its value, use it sparingly and leave the batteries out of it most of the time when not wanting to use it. I think of it like a big Outboard, it will only have so many hours of life in it.

Last edited:
Back