Patches

Davidov

So I'm getting ready to leave for the coast and called my pharmacist to see if he had any motion sickness patches to put behind my ears.He informed me that they are discontinued in canada.Do anybody know any alternatives?

So I'm getting ready to leave for the coast and called my pharmacist to see if he had any motion sickness patches to put behind my ears.He informed me that they are discontinued in canada.Do anybody know any alternatives?
Gravol with ginger in it did the trick for me. I puked my guts out for three days before trying it and the difference was night and day.

Certain pharmacy will make up some meclacine hydrocloride tablets but you have to ask for it. It's the active ingredient in Bonamine . Bonamine was sold in Canada before but not any more but again some pharmacy will make it. We used to give it to alot of guests at the lodge

My wife used to take pills, ginger etc and would still get seasick. Discovered the relief band and bought one just to try put. Works like a charm. She can even go offshore with me now.

When in the US I always come home with a few packs of Bonine as it's not available in Canada....awesome stuff

Another vote for meclizine. It's in a weird category in Canadian pharmacology. No longer available as an over the counter branded product, but not a prescription drug either. You need to find a compounding pharmacy and have them prep a batch for you, usually it will be in small capsules. Typically the supermarket pharmacies stay out of compounding work, so you'll likely be supporting a locally owned business.

My pharmacist niece loves fishing with her husband and kids, but is so prone to seasickness she'll get queasy in a bathtub. She's tried all the remedies and uses exclusively meclizine nowadays.

If any body finds a compound pharmacy that can get this let me know. I’ve tried calling several with no such luck.

Where are you located ? There is one in Nanaimo on Dufferin that does it.
I’m just in Langley . My parents on the island maybe I’ll see if my mom can see about it . I got a trip to ukee this weekend and gonna load up on gravol. Hit or miss with me sometimes I get it sometimes I don’t . Only offshore gets me .

The pharmacy in ukee had meclizine last year. Give them a call and they will let you know. I believe it was the one in the coop

I’m just in Langley . My parents on the island maybe I’ll see if my mom can see about it . I got a trip to ukee this weekend and gonna load up on gravol. Hit or miss with me sometimes I get it sometimes I don’t . Only offshore gets me .
What is the closest US Costco? Worth the drive down from Langley. Call first but meclizine used to be $5.00 for 100 pills. I still have two bottles.

Back