Parksville area logistics

donnie d

Hey guys - couple quick questions hope some PVille guys can help me out.

looking for a recommendation on boat wash down? Thinking the wash and go on 19a would work?

Fish processing - any options around Parksville? Or is the closest St Jeans in Nanaimo?

thanks!

Two weeks ago I looked all over the Island for a processor that could; Can, do candied and package up steaks. St Jeans was all I could find that did it all. Had to drive from Victoria back to Nanaimo to drop Nootka fish at St Jeans. There may be others but they’re not visible And not on the internet. Also, St Jeans is quick right now. Done in 2 weeks. Check their hours. They’ve modified their hours due to Covid.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yea I try and use High Tide in Cr or St Jeans...I called FC Seafoods and they said they would do a couple fish at most for overnight freeze and pick up...

Two weeks ago I looked all over the Island for a processor that could; Can, do candied and package up steaks. St Jeans was all I could find that did it all. Had to drive from Victoria back to Nanaimo to drop Nootka fish at St Jeans. There may be others but they’re no visible And not on the internet. Also, St Jeans is quick right now. Done in 2 weeks. Check their hours. They’ve modified their hours due to Covid.

Hopefully, with Island Outfitters re-opening in Colwood, we will be able to drop fish there again soon. Til then, there is a Nootka depot at Moutcha Bay - but you probably know that :cool:

I'm trying to work out how to deal with the Malcolm Island processor shutting down -- he was central to the area we fish and gave great service [eg. free harbour pickup, pin bone removal, label with date, name, type of fish]. Now we keep a truck in Port McNeill and run to Hardy Buoys which is a much more basic service.

Back