Outboard vs Inboard

It doesnt matter what make it was reeds are reeds and parts for outboards ARE expensive compare plugs outboard 25 to 60 bucks a plug inboard hmmm maybe 5 bucks.
As for the leg I went on the side of caution and ill still say that opti was the best moter I have ever ran simply LOVED it but the part that sacres me is I have no clue as to even changing a plug with these newer engines and all these comp its a nightmare compared to something like rollie has those engines are way easier to work on simple in fact.

These newer engines are great dont get me wrong but its just like the new cars and trucks you personally cant work on them much and they want it that way you have to be a comp tech/ mech to work on these newer ones. also didnt like the fact that and outboard cost so damn much for what you get i just dont understand how something like that costs 20 grand its mind boggling....

And in the 20 yrs of fishing ive never seen a boat "blow up" seen a lot with smoke signals coming out of them;););) and thats not from an engine creating a mushroom cloud LOL LOL.

It all comes down to the debate of ford or chev!!!!!!saw a great bumper sticker the other day

"ID RATHER BE STROKED THAN RAMMED"

If you are lazy and dont look after things go for an outboard run it till it dies undo the 4 bolts throw away the engine slap on another for $20,000 and go again.

I know of one guy who has put 9 grand in his outboard already this year and hes still not happy.

Right on tailspin people all have them.....

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

quote:Originally posted by HALILLAMA

6 Cylinder diesel w/shaft drive and you'll be surprised how many hours you can stand at the wheel with no troubles!:D Ask me I've been there done that right around Vancouver Island too. As Wolf says there must be maintenance, follow the manufacturer's recommendations. Err on the side of caution. Good luck and be Safe.[8D]

A good "true" diesel would sink most boats that guys on here run!

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Volvo out drives are much more durable and easy to DIY. Plus you can swap parts between most Volvo models. The dog house is the only drawback in my rig.

I have only had O/B Merc's for the main motor and to date I have had virtually no problems and so I can't speak for against the I/O. However, I have a question,is it preferable to have FWC on an I/O as opposed to raw water cooling?

Definitely better to have fresh water cooling on an I/O.

The only good merc is a dead merc used for target practice:D...even if you gave one to me for free, I would have to think long and hard if I wanted the hassle of running it.

Searun

th_067.jpg

we've all seen that log that barely floats just under the surface.................. what leg is gonna bounce off of it easier? nuff said.

Back