Olympic 22 details need info

Earl Ledge

Hi we are just getting into our new boat, an Olympic 22 Walkaround. Seems to handle great, bought it off my neighbour who reluctantly was selling.
Two main questions at this point. The fuel capacity, by my measure of the tank should be about 50 imperial or 270 litres. Does anyone have specs for this boat?
Second issue is the scupper drains. There is a drip in one drain hose and the hose leaks when I have 2 or 3 people in the back fishing. Looks like I have to replace the hoses, update them, but the hose looks a bit haywire. It looks like the hose is sleeved into the transom drain so there are two layers of hose, one inside the other over the transom drain. It looks haywire enough I have been reluctant to start pulling this off because I want to fish the boat right now with Sockeye opening up and don't want to be down with parts or repair issues.
So I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with this boat.
Thanks.

If you mean the scuppers for the self bailing cockpit, there might be a couple of flapper valves or ping pong ball type one way check valves in the transom that are not sealing off the water( they seldom do) . With the weight of three people in the stern, they are probably below the water line and allow water into the cockpit. The sleeved hose is likely because of the different sized inlet/outlets. If it is just one hose pushed inside another, I would replace it and use a plastic or stainless joiner with clamps to join the different sized hoses.
Don't know anything about your fuel tank.

Yes they are flapper valves, and the whole thing is underwater when the stern is loaded and they leak. I'll wait until I am near some parts before I start pulling it apart. I agree this needs double clamps and good hose. I am just not sure whether one hose will fit both ends as they seem to be odd sizes. If not I may be able to squeak it over with some nice silicon type hose a friend gave me, which is quite flexible. Otherwise I'll need to put in a reducer.
Thanks.

If you mean the scuppers for the self bailing cockpit, there might be a couple of flapper valves or ping pong ball type one way check valves in the transom that are not sealing off the water( they seldom do) . With the weight of three people in the stern, they are probably below the water line and allow water into the cockpit. The sleeved hose is likely because of the different sized inlet/outlets. If it is just one hose pushed inside another, I would replace it and use a plastic or stainless joiner with clamps to join the different sized hoses.

Thanks. I can't see the whole tank. If the tank is a regular rectangle, though I get around 50 imperial by measuring the tank. I am mostly interested in my range as I am not real sure what the Yami 225 burns, either, having not done a long run and a refuel to get a close idea about the fuel consumption. On my old Double Eagle there was a number on the back of the hull to ID the boat year, the Olympic may have such a thing, haven't really looked for that now I think of it.

We have scuppers on our double eagle 206. Self bailing deck only bails if we are lightly loaded.
If we have 400litres gas and standing at the back we get wet feet. Here is our easy fix that I saw on this forum somewhere. Squash balls. Rubber and about 2 " wide they fit perfectly. We put one in each scupper when heading out and deck is dry. Works great. Remove when back at the dock so the rAin runs out.

Hope this helps someone.

I replaced my flapper style scuppers with the ping pong ball type and they work awesome. Can have guys standing in back corner with no issues. Cost me maybe 50 bucks for four of them. Just had to unscrew outer plate that contains the flapper and the new ball style screw right into existing holes of backplate. Been on for 3 years now and still good.

Back