Okanagan sockeye 2022

Nah. I’m spending 2 weeks out on the coast as of the 6th. I’ll burn gas chasing hali, ling and salmon. If they open it for 4 fish, I’ll hit it when I get back.
Exactly. Not worth my drive from Kelowna until it’s 4. Also, two hooks on a Hoochie is fine as long as they are barbless. The single barbless rule means one lure, two single barbless hooks on the lure are allowed for Interior salmon.

Mostly silver, one of ours had a pink tinge to it but the fillets are firm and great colour. Amazing condition given how far they've come.

Hot pink squirts on 18-20" leaders for us, the side with the Moon Jelly No Bananas flasher was the hot rod. Riggers at 50-60 ft, any water over ~80 ft deep was stacked, but there were a couple of areas where things were more bitey than others.

Zillions of boats out but no obnoxious or clueless behaviour that I saw. The only wait we had was getting out of the water around 7:30 am, maybe 20-25 minutes. Fun morning and I was back at work 9 am ish. Now to prep everything for the run to the coast on Friday.

Does anyone have any advice for where to launch a kayak? It’s quite heavy, so I’d need to park within about 100m of the water and pull with my wheeled cart.

I remember looking at the campground on the north end a few years back but the road down to it had been roped off. It’s a long paddle up from the launch/park area but I’ve done it, just looking for a slightly better option

Does anyone have any advice for where to launch a kayak? It’s quite heavy, so I’d need to park within about 100m of the water and pull with my wheeled cart.

I remember looking at the campground on the north end a few years back but the road down to it had been roped off. It’s a long paddle up from the launch/park area but I’ve done it, just looking for a slightly better option
You're allowed to access the water through the Desert Surfside parking lot. And many other places actually. I think there's a map of Public Beach access points. But that one for sure, you can pull your car right down there.

Fished from 5:30 to 6:15. Slimey buggers.
Homemade half glow half pink red bead googly eyes w/o the eyes did the trick.
3 dummies per side, but hooks were about 50. Got one after pulling off the clip maybe 20 feet when packing up, which should give kayakers hope.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220803-111353.png
    Screenshot_20220803-111353.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Fished from 5:30 to 6:15. Slimey buggers.
Homemade half glow half pink red bead googly eyes w/o the eyes did the trick.
3 dummies per side, but hooks were about 50. Got one after pulling off the clip maybe 20 feet when packing up, which should give kayakers hope.
Looks like the Bon Chovy flasher .... it was our hot one yesterday. I'd say 3-1 margine after the sun came up and we were running 4 rods total all with different gear.

You don’t have to go to the north end to catch fish. Just go straight out infront of the launch
In 2020 my main wasn't running, I went out of the marina on kicker only and started getting gear ready right away. By the time we had lures dropped to 60 ft we were marking fish, stacked up everywhere. Probably never went beyond a mile from the marina, got a limit anyway.

Had the three kids out this am - fished 6:30ish till 9. Took home a limit, lost probably 10 more…. No one pattern seemed better than others. 55-65ft, 1.2-1.8mph.

Are you guys using 10-12 pound downrigger weights or 15’s? Just wondering what I should bring up with me with these slow troll speeds and little current

Same here, no gain changing out the 15s. You're only dropping to 50-70 ft so even 1106s won't care too much.

Back