OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chums in the river are usually pretty nasty looking. Even the ones in the ocean will be getting pretty colored up by now. At least they're still ok for smoking while in the salt. Not saying you can't get clean chum in the river, but most are pretty ugly.

I'm not sure if anyone catches them in the chuck up Indian Arm as they're pretty close to the river by then. Most guys get those fish heading up the Arm fishing Point Atkinson, Ambleside or the Cap as they're not so close to the river at those locations. You can always give it a go and let us know if you have any luck.

Well, it remains to be seen if it's a flash in the pan but I know of 7 legal feeder Chinooks taken in the last 5 days. Most were taken on small spoons close to the bottom in/around bait using the usual techniques.

Seems to me this has been the best local start to the fishery in recent years.

no chum in the arm..... great fly fishing pinks and late white spring run that has been pounded down to nothing.

great report FM

Yes, a good report. Hint as to location...more than 5 miles from the harbour. Same ol' same ol' makes me want to look off Gabriola too...

Wow! Good to see! Any ideas on approximate location ?

Howe Sound was what was posted on Instgram.

I am guessing back side of Bowen (Tunatall/Waterfall/Hutt) or up in that area...they have a few spots they target over that way including up near Gambier.

Interesting! Glad I'm almost done the electrical on my boat :)

These fish are on the move and looking for food so don't hang around at one spot for too long if there is no bait...fish around slack tides and hopscotch spots as depth fishing for winters is not easy in big tides on treacherous underwater structures.

I would say the fish are where you find them....if these guys keep on the jag...if the weather cooperates on the weekends...I'll have to get out and look myself

Nice work FM.

I'm hopefully getting out this weekend to drop some traps and maybe nab a spring while I wait.

Look at him eyeing off that lure. "Damn!" He says.

Looks like I'll need to install that new wash-down pump this week after all - ;)

So are these really late or really early?

Well the Albion test fishery is still getting Chinook in the Fraser fiver but if the location of how sound is correct and given the fact it was caught using an Irish cream spoon i would think its a winter feeder.

Yesterday fished QB ...100' line of water lots of bait smack on the bottom nothing but shakers , fished the mile markers not as much bait ,tried PA for awhile ..
amazing there's still crab out there . i wonder if hole in the wall would have more feeders passing through then the harbour ? ....
what are the mile markers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back