OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

heading out to the bell buoy north arm area about 10:30, maybe those seiners will push some of those fish at sandheads up that way, lol.

Looks like it's just a test fishery with 2 seine boats on the south side of sandheads so it shouldn't be much of an issue for rec guys:

CANADIAN FRASER RIVER PANEL AREA WATERS:
Area 29-6, 29-7 and 29-9: Open to Area B seine assessment ITQ (two vessels) seine fishery for pink salmon with non-retention of sockeye salmon daily from 06:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 9 until further notice. (Please refer to DFO Fishery Notice for further details).

Seiners out in area 29.6 29.7 and 29.9 starting today

Area 29
Open to fishing from 06:00 hours to 21:00 hours daily commencing Wednesday,
September 9, 2015 until further notice in Subareas 29-6, 29-7, and 29-9.
Vessels fishing in depths shallower than 45 metres must use shallow seine
gear.

fishing was poor so they quit at noon and took the net off
Looks like it's just a test fishery with 2 seine boats on the south side of sandheads so it shouldn't be much of an issue for rec guys:

CANADIAN FRASER RIVER PANEL AREA WATERS:
Area 29-6, 29-7 and 29-9: Open to Area B seine assessment ITQ (two vessels) seine fishery for pink salmon with non-retention of sockeye salmon daily from 06:00 a.m. to 09:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 9 until further notice. (Please refer to DFO Fishery Notice for further details).

Well, I've certainly been missing out this summer.

Was just talking with a few of my guide pals and a couple of DFO Creel Surveyors. One of the usual September spots is producing as usual on the flood tide.

Bell and T10 have been slow the last 4 days. Sandheads was on fire again today. Seems like Sandheads lightship is by far the best bet off the Fraser now.

Guides are running 5 1/4 and 5 1/2 Anchovies on all lines.

Welcome back fishin-magician, thanks for the information and it is great to see you here again,

Well, I've certainly been missing out this summer.

Was just talking with a few of my guide pals and a couple of DFO Creel Surveyors. One of the usual September spots is producing as usual on the flood tide.

Bell and T10 have been slow the last 4 days. Sandheads was on fire again today. Seems like Sandheads lightship is by far the best bet off the Fraser now.

Guides are running 5 1/4 and 5 1/2 Anchovies on all lines.

Out from 9:30 to 3pm today at Sandheads and saw plenty of fish being boxed around the green bell buoy between noon and 3:00 on the flood tide. Seemed to slow a bit after that. We had been in deeper water prior to that with no luck but had action as soon as we moved to the buoy. Fish all in the 30 to 60 foot range and had 8 fish on. Three jacks and the rest all decent teeners fish but we only managed to box two of the 5 the biggest one looking in the high teens we had right off the back of the boat and my newbie bud just wasn't versed in seizing the chance when there and paid the price. The fish went for yet another run only to be taken by a freakin seal!! Started screaming off line till we cut it. Got most on chovy but also one on Irish cream spoon. Wondering if the two guys in the 14 foot aluminum that had a fish apparently right under their boat for about 20 minutes ever landed it?? Had it reeled up to the flasher and seemed to be working it from one side of the boat to the other but never saw it take a run but seemingly they couldn't bring it up to be netted. Still great fishing out there and saw plenty others being caught so the amazing summer for springs continues with great weather in the forcast....well maybe except for those winds the next two days....did i mention it was flat out there today.

Out at the bell since first light , missed one right off the bat and just boxed this beauty, 65' herring in a bloodnose Chovy head nakedimage.jpg

Man these Springs are feisty fighters ........ Had another good day out there. Got to Kabong some too .......

Get out there folks . N arm to T10 area, on bait, 55 feet.

Back