OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

My favorite "live" weather report for looking at lower Strait.........http://original.livestream.com/gabr...aitcam&utm_medium=ui-play&utm_source=lsplayer

nice one lee

going to use that one a fair bit .....

i nearly did not go yesterday afternoon due to enviro canada strong wind warning

got out there and ended up being flat clam all afternoon 2.pm and early eve till 8ish

who ever is working that job needs to look out his or her window more often.....

stating 5-15 is covering bases

may take a run over to the city Saturday morning as springs are few a far between here on the coast

Hey I'm curious what depths are you guys fishing at T10 and Sandheads, are the springs deeper or in the 50-80ft range?

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of my chinook action is 25-65ft I'm never below 80ft on the riggers at sandheads this time of year.
All my pinks have been on the bottom rods using chinook gear.

Heading down to the Mariners game so had to dip outta the trip to T10 this morning. Old man just called me and there's a good bite on at T10. Had 5 to the boat between 9 and 18 lbs, green label herring stuffed in glow chovy heads at 75" behind moon jelly flashers. Gettem while there hot.

Yeah we had a hectic couple hours at T10 between 7 and 9. 3 in the boat... Lost one tangled in the down rigger cable. Busted net... Missed on 3 other hits... All between 65' and 80'. Anchovy with shiny green teaser head and Bon Chovy yellow Flasher...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And today's the day I sleep in!

Question, when you old salters say "the freighters" do you mean you just deek in and around the anchored freighters in English Bay or are you over by the moorage at the Fisheries dock in West Van?

And today's the day I sleep in!

Question, when you old salters say "the freighters" do you mean you just deek in and around the anchored freighters in English Bay or are you over by the moorage at the Fisheries dock in West Van?

You can get a fair amount of bait in amongst the freighters.....it's always worth some time if the Cap and west Van aren't producing. There's a few anchorage spots that have are near some small change in depths.

You can get a fair amount of bait in amongst the freighters.....it's always worth some time if the Cap and west Van aren't producing. There's a few anchorage spots that have are near some small change in depths.

When I talk about freighters I mean the ones inside of q-10, towards downtown.
The freighter area along west van is more often referred to as the west van shoreline.

It's amazing that with the bazillion boats that were out there today, not one single report. Me and my boy went 3 for 6 on springs, a 14, 16, and 21. Hooked and lost only 1 pink. Forgot the bait this morning so 5 out of 6 hits on army truck glow splatter back hooch, 1 on sitka sand lance spoon.

Finally got out with my gooderer 1/2 and daughter, started round noon N. Arm towards Sandheads, a few whirls around the T10 area, lots of boats, many brushing the line, lots of action, pinks and good sized springs, some wild Coho too , saw a couple real dandy springers besides our mid teeners. Chovy on six foot leader behind purple and green yellow combo flashers worked the best for us with depths 55 to 85. Get out there folks and enjoy yourselves. Good luck
Good to see some good fishing locally

Hooked 7, lost two, released one. 40-60' All on bait, herring and chovy. No flashers. And no pinks. Smaller grade, 8-15#.

A Great day Saturday.

just wondering how the water is out there this morning was planning a trip out to sandheads

last night was a gem with 2 in the box 20lbs and 15lbs

I have never seen sandheads this good for Chinook in years, spring after spring 75ft all on kitchen sink spoon.

Finally got out for springs sat morning. dropped the lines at sandheads at around 745 and ended with 6 decent springs in the box by 930. I got my 7 yr old to manage to reel in his two thanks to putting the mooching reels away and giving it a go with the penns. 14 to 17 lbs. all but one were reds and the other a marble. two double headers with 100% on the first and 0% on the second. The fastest spring action i have ever seen around here. all on anchovies between 57 and 87 ft. didnt seem to matter as long as it ended in a 7. no other species touched. saw some jumpers and decent schools on the sounder. ended the day with a spectacular whale show on the way back to the dock. what a place to live.

Trolling T10 to North arm right now. No action in the hour we've been out. Seen a couple hookups but nothing of note. Maybe I'll head down to sandheads.

went t 10 7 30 to 11 1 pink and nothing else, very slow for me today, I think I picked the wrong day, I would like to know if you did well guys, have a great day

Back