OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished north arm to t10 on saturday. 4pm-930. Water was glassy, wondered where all the boats were!? Must have been ugly early in the day.
Boated 4 pinks and a chinook. Lost a few as well. Was a beautiful evening out there.

It was blowing too hard for us. We got to Steveston Bend around 10am and turned around. Puttered around and tried again at 130, gave up and went home.

Fished bell buoy area today. Released a few pinks and brought home a 20 pound white spring. All fish caught before noon. Than dead as hell. Gunna try point Atkinson area again in the morning. Caught everything off the same rod. The one with lemon lime flasher and pink hootchie with every second leg ripped off the hooch. Anchovy got nothing. All togather not a bad morning. Wish I called it a day sooner

Tue - Fri approx 75 miles north of here

shot%2054_zpsocs1idpz.png

shot%2053_zpsh7fruxhq.png

2015-08-01%2023.08.51_zpss0yovf7b.png

20150728_201403_zpsgz62gkb3.jpg

20150730_144822_zpsvwwhr0fc.jpg

20150730_202915_zpsdloso3ml.jpg

20150728_181819_zpsz4zf3bzc%201_zpses4jgo1i.jpg

11800580_1014267758592277_9118045296605187183_n_zpsualzlha6.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished Sandheads to T-10 Sat afternoon 2:00-5:45pm. Only about 6 or 7 boats we saw fishing. Wind died to nothing by then with a little lump that died out by 4pm. Caught a few shakers and had one good hit that popped the pin that didn't stick just south of T-10. Hit came at 60' on rigger with Gibbs-Delta Bonchovy Flasher & Big Bite Anchovy. About 20 crabs in the pot with 3 keepers near Sandheads.

Only saw a few sockeye jumping around. It sure doesn't look good for a recreational opening this summer by all the reports from the Pacific Salmon Commission. Although they did approve FN & American's a 30,000 TAC on the early summer run on Friday.

Going to give her a try again Sunday morning as the weather reports looks decent for the morning at least.

Saturday 6 to 11 am fished the bell and marked a massive bait ball first thing. Circled it for a while with no bites to moved to point atkinson and trolled towards passage isl. Hit quite a few pinks and a spring around 15 lbs. Fish were shallow with everything coming at 30 and 37 ft on the riggers. Friday fished out past the qa and had about 15 pinks on in about 30 minutes, no springs.

Pinks pt. Atkinson - not much but there

Saturday 6 to 11 am fished the bell and marked a massive bait ball first thing. Circled it for a while with no bites to moved to point atkinson and trolled towards passage isl. Hit quite a few pinks and a spring around 15 lbs. Fish were shallow with everything coming at 30 and 37 ft on the riggers. Friday fished out past the qa and had about 15 pinks on in about 30 minutes, no springs.

Pinks early morning and evening. Nothing much in between. Pink or green hootchies in 35 ft of water. Tides a little hard during middle of the day.

Quarry shoal was really good this weekend. Probably best fishing I've ever had there yesterday (Sunday - Monday). Can be really spotty: sometimes they are there, other times there is nothing. Definitely not my favorite spot but it worked this weekend! Only out for a few hours. Every time we made a speed change or turn we would get a bite (usually a pink). Right off a large bait ball. Let a lot of pinks go of course - Only my fishing buddy likes to keep those :eek: (they are good fresh though!). Sunday was a lot of pinks and no springs for us.

First fish in the morning yesterday was a 12.5 lb spring, and our last fish was a really thick spring that taped out to 22lb... Needlefish in it's stomach

When we hooked the first spring in the morning, we were looking for the net... Woops, don't have it! Well that definitely made things more interesting!!! :) Mostly everything on Bait, anchovies, biggest spring was on a herring at 115' no flasher - Pinks never went for the herring at all. White hootchie also worked decently!

20150803_110848_002.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

20150803_113823.jpg

Fished coal ports monday morning. when we got there around 6am there was a large pod of orcas all around us, must of been 15-20 of them. tons of bait on the sounder. every time we checked our gear we had a sole on the white hoochie. Wind picked up and it got too rough for my 14' boat by noon so we packed it in.

Back