OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

well with the fire here local....smog still
the wind has settled finally lets us get out into the straight
think we missed a good few runs going by......

fished most of yesterday 10-8.30
one small hatch coho and several pinks
a few small shakers
and no a sniff from a mr spring
had two not stick at all so who knows

used everything bait, spoons, hoochies
depths 60- 140' and shallow 80 to 350
marked bait here and there
but no sure signs of bait balls

flat clam evening well most of the day really

Good to know, thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished west van shoreline this morn from 8-1pm. Mixed it up between UV white hoochies and chovies. Ended up hitting 3 coho but all quite small so we shook them loose. Let a couple pinks go as well. No chinook bites for our boat.

Wind and current wasn't ideal so we stuck to fishing 2 rods all day. Good times but wouldn't have complained of we got a nice spring or two.

Little bit of Red Gold recently, nice change from all those whites this year...
60 & 77', both took a green & chartuse apex 6' behind a green & white hot spot.
20150710_171041_zps6g5gcv1j.jpg

Gibson's on the 8th and Anderson Bay the 9th, had to fight off the Pinks at Anderson.

On the 9th we went to Sangster and couldn't even drop a line, so many weeds, driftwood, sticks & TREES, never seen it so bad there...went to Young Pt. Dropped them for one pass, nothin but weeds again, pulled up and dropped again at Upwood and trolled to Anderson where we hit a few Pinks and Springs, stopped at Epsom and released one borderline spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just back in from the West Van shoreline. Calm waters with an easterly breeze. My guests offered me a banana once we were out there and trolling. From that point on I knew we wouldn't catch any fish. Only trolled for about 2hrs before the 7 year old kid got cold and lost interest. Not much of a report!

Got our 4 hatchery and 1 pink closer to pt atkinson this morning between 35 - 75on riggers. Moved to HITW bout 10am and got one hit that didnt stick before heading home about 5ish. Passed the "Shine Box" @ HITW a few times, nice lookin rig there SteelyDan.

My guests offered me a banana once we were out there and trolling. From that point on I knew we wouldn't catch any fish...

I had similar circumstances a couple weeks back when my friend brought two bananas on board after being told specifically not to. We didn't get anything AAAAND the boat almost got beached when the downrigger cable went on the prop shaft so we could not the motor right under the Lion's Gate Bridge. The one redeeming incident was when the otter hopped up on my boat and started squatting so my friend threw the banana at it and hit it. The otter hasn't once returned to my boat since this incident.

Braved the chop last night at Quarry Bay. Got a pink at 150 feet of all places. Followed up with a nice 8 lb scrapper and topped it all with a football 21 lb. earlier in the day I was road testing a new prop up in the channel. Saw 3 sport boats trolling in front of A- frame. Maybe some guys on here?? Anyways I believe that's a closed area June till Sept.

Just got back in from the West Van shoreline...fished from 7am-11am. Had a fish on the line early on but lost it. Spent most of my time near the fisheries research station and towards Pt Atkinson without seeing much of anything. Just as I was about to pull the lines I got a good bite and landed it. Hatchery coho on a green splatterback anchovie baithead with the Bon Chovy flasher. 45ft on the downrigger in 55ft of water

Got our 4 hatchery and 1 pink closer to pt atkinson this morning between 35 - 75on riggers. Moved to HITW bout 10am and got one hit that didnt stick before heading home about 5ish. Passed the "Shine Box" @ HITW a few times, nice lookin rig there SteelyDan.

Thanks. Luck was not on my side this weekend. Saturday lost two springs. One at west van and the other was a mid 20s at HITW shortly after we put the lines in. Today was out solo and started at the Bell for an hour and a half. Marked lots of bait and a few fish marks but no takers then moved over to west van for some more punishment lol. Stuck to 70ft and deeper hoping for a spring but found a school of pinks that kept me busy for a while.

Thanks. Luck was not on my side this weekend. Saturday lost two springs. One at west van and the other was a mid 20s at HITW shortly after we put the lines in. Today was out solo and started at the Bell for an hour and a half. Marked lots of bait and a few fish marks but no takers then moved over to west van for some more punishment lol. Stuck to 70ft and deeper hoping for a spring but found a school of pinks that kept me busy for a while.

The same with me...fished W Van in close and out in deeper water. Had One Big hit & run in morning but lost him, so I don't know what it was. Got one Coho and a couple of pinks for the smoker. Had the down riggers at 65' & 80'....Nice day on the water....good looking boat there "Shine Box"

Back