OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Had a bit of activity at the Capilano early this a.m, late in the flood. Quite an assortment ... boxed one nice spring bottom bouncing an anchovy (a red vs one of the usual Cap white springs), released two just undersized (+/- 22 inch) springs and released one pink. Then moved west and picked up 2 hatchery coho and lost a number of others, primarily on white hootchies between 20ft and 40 feet.

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 980
It is illegal to.... use more than two single barbless hooks in tandem, each measuring no greater than 15 mm between the point and the shank of the hook may be used in Burrard Inlet near the mouth of the Capilano River from the 14 St. Pier, to Prospect Light, to the north tower of Lions Gate Bridge

Above was what I was thinking further west is ok

It is illegal to.... use more than two single barbless hooks in tandem, each measuring no greater than 15 mm between the point and the shank of the hook may be used in Burrard Inlet near the mouth of the Capilano River from the 14 St. Pier, to Prospect Light, to the north tower of Lions Gate Bridge

Above was what I was thinking further west is ok

THis restriction doesn't apply until August 1 - December 31

Fished from 6:15 till 1:30 along west Van. Lost one coho at the boat, close to a 3 ft doggie and 2 really nice sole. Fished anywhere from 40-90ft white hoochies. I was marking a lot of fish in the 85-75ft range. I gave up and started trolling out towards the QB on my way to pull the crab traps near Jericho and hooked into a really nice spring. Big head shakes and 3 runs at me with the final one going deeper and then up and popped the hook on my needlefish hoochie, hit at 77 on the rigger in 145ft of water......there might have been some F@$* $H*T D@M& and other choice words yelled out but luckily off to Tofino tomorrow.

Will be out in the smoke off west bab with a few work pals this evening for the last few hrs of light, will report back .

Jig-55:-

Sangster Island is area 14......2 Coho per day per licensed person......30cm minimum size......both need to be "hatchery" (adipose fin missing).

3-730 at HITW. One soft little tap a tap right at the hole at 111ft but didn't stick. Lots of weed in the water

Fished West Van shoreline from 830-1500, one small and one decent sized hatchery coho in boat, lost another small one at boat. 2 on white hootchies 1 on anchovy
30' to 50' on riggers
A couple flounder as well

Airon I was out there then, I was in the 15 ft Whaler. We had a couple of taps, a shredded chovie but no luck other than 5 nice crab for dinner.

Heard a report that the Jerry Springer was at ambleside earlier and didn't catch anything all day but one lil guy.

So headed to HITW and within 3 minutes I hit a 20lb white hog using a pink hoochie around 7PM at 70ft.

mefishn.jpg

Heard a report that the Jerry Springer was at ambleside earlier and didn't catch anything all day but one lil guy.

So headed to HITW and within 3 minutes I hit a 20lb white hog using a pink hoochie around 7PM at 70

Nicely done, and nice first post! Keep the reports coming!

One 4lb hatch job last 6 - 9 night 60' of water 27' of cable , blue spackleback off the pink appts. Decent amount of coho jumping tight in , didn't see any other hookups.

We were out yesterday at Ambleside from 0600-1330. We got 3 to the boat and 2 hatchery in the boat, one 4#'er and another smaller. Both on white hootchie in 70' and 28 on the riggers. I'm curious given my newness to the area whether the pinks come through west van as well?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yup.....pinks headed for rivers beyond Lions Gate right up to the top of Indiam Arm will be rolling thru.

If you have a casting outfit, keep it on your boat. You can cast to the schools as well....small pink lures.

Back