OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Another note , I think fishing naked way back above a dummy makes a big difference with that many boats out there

Good bite at sandheads on the flood. Bloody seals are brutal! Started with a double of springs in first 10 mins. 30 lb and 26. Got 4 coho a chum lost 2 tyee class to seals then another coho. And long line release a 5th spring.

Holy crap these seals are outta control .... I'm thinking I need to invite out some of my buds from back in Newfoundland to take care of this problem!:cool:

Fished the morning flood to high slack at Cap yesterday. Pretty slow out there...Moved over to Bell Buoy and landed these within about 20 minutes at 47 and 63 ft in 120-220ft of water on anchovies on green glow heads.. One red, one marble, one white. 13-1/2 to 14-1/2 lbs. Not big, but nice and bright and good fighters.

IMG_20150917_121302.jpg

It was sick to see that monster spring in the seals mouth! Some big springs out there today. I tried to fight that bugger all way to boat. The seal finally let go grabbed the net and the hooks popped out. Fish slowly sank out of site. It was a hog.

Sr SQ

classic..... made me chuckle:D

Don't think I'm going to bother going out this weekend pretty miserable weather out there. I'm just going to get my bottom fishing gear ready for next week. Going to visit the gulf islands and fish for ling cod before the season closes. I much prefer the white meat for the freezer. I don't just use spectra for bottom fishing. I have used 65lb spectra mainline on my salmon reels for like 20 years. I put a 40 pound top shot of mono at the gear end. When you get a seal you have a fighting chance of landing the fish. That might sound like overkill to light gear fanatics, but it allows you to subdue the fish quickly before a seal grabs it. It also allows you to release the fish before it has been fought to the point of exhaustion, so it has a better chance of survival if releasing it. Just my preference. Everyone has their own gear likes and dislikes.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

53 and 65 ft on riggers green glow hot spots on both. Green glow teaser heads. Good chovies trolled at about 2.5-2.75 mph. Hit more fish out 200-400 ft on or around Fraser current tide line. Cohos came on turns when the action spead up. Chum hit when low rigger drag. Springs all hit with straight lines with 35 deg. Angle.

yeah you have the wind coming over your heads
3'-4' chop swells on the coast now but not white capping
running with it pretty easy.. tacking into it a pain

and rain oh and did i say wet
time for me to re-think doing the pilot house conversion
and installing the bus heater off the main

no bites here today but got some crab to make up for it ..

home now for a hot shower ......

Back