OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgwind finally let up enough to get to Epsom this morning. Lots of boats but not a lot of action. Did manage to keep this 20 hatch red. 140 ft with a white hootchie.

Fished howe sound hole in the wall this morning. Had one fish on then lost. 160' nog needle.
Another good hit and pop off 170' on white uv hootchie. That's all for us.
Saw one boated beside us when we first pulled up.
Sea Conditions were good.

Saturday was at south end of Texada. Nicely protected from the chop and wind. Few other boats that weren't getting much from what I saw... Had some decent hits missed and Ended up with 4 undersized/small released and nothing else to show for it. Tried everything in terms of depth, close to shore, offshore, etc - Decent action for the most part though. Only bait produced anything really.

Quarry Bay shoals Yesterday early am til tide change, again not much - 2 undersize again. Really disappointing as we spent a lot of time out there this weekend. Returning fish just few and far between right now?? All hits came at 110' - nothing at 150ish, tried as shallow as 60', deep as 200+ where we were marking a lot of fish as well.

Got a huge ling one evening as well, released it as it was too big.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunshine Coast

Got up to Thormby Friday afternoon fished for 2 hours in the evening got 2 fish went back out for a evening troll on Saturday got our limit... following morning picked up some liveys from secret cove dropped the anchor off upwood pt and right away another keeper .also caught one good sunburn

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 916
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 916
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 916
Buddy and I are heading to HITW tomorrow morning hoping to whack a few Coho or Springs. We will be trolling herring. Does anyone know if there have there been any reports of Coho showing up yet?

Buddy and I are heading to HITW tomorrow morning hoping to whack a few Coho or Springs. We will be trolling herring. Does anyone know if there have there been any reports of Coho showing up yet?

Was there this am......no love, not much action. Few pinks around, talked to one boat that got a 13lb spring. Decent prawning and crabbing at least

We had a huge hit at the HITW today, but I messed it up and fumbled the rod...no doubt it was a solid spring.. pulled harder than the 22lb we took last week at HITW.

Couple pinks as well.

The Squamish run is NOT over yet.

Ps - if anyone catches a spring with an entire rod and reel in its mouth... you know who to call....

Ferries or sunset end?

Find the sewage outtake :) It is on the Ferry side of the HITW, but not too far away from Bill's.

and now that I have publicly posted it.... shhhhh lol

We found a ball of bait boiling on surface earlier in the morning... we pounded it hard, but that didn't provide any hits

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but got too ......

WAS A SKY CAM FILMING AND CATCH THE ACT LIVE ? Would be funny to see but not if your the OP.

I almost lost a nice spring, a brand new Fenwick hmx, amundson tmx4,and my Gibbs net in a moment of stupidity so I understand how that can happen.

Fished Gabe on Monday. Started at entrance and ended up at the rock. Not much happening. Boxed a 10lb red, released 6 undersize, and a sockey believe it or not.

Back