Octopus how to cook?

Here’s a trick. Throw it into a pressure cooker with water. That’ll really soften up the meat. Check after 15-20 minutes. Once done you need to peel the skin and tentacles off. When cooked right they fall off easily. Next, cut it up in eatable chunks. Now prep some chopped onions, green/red peppers, tomatoes, olive oil and lemon juice. Toss it together and eat. It also goes great in salads. And don’t forget some fresh bread and a nice Rioja.

Here’s a trick. Throw it into a pressure cooker with water. That’ll really soften up the meat. Check after 15-20 minutes. Once done you need to peel the skin and tentacles off. When cooked right they fall off easily. Next, cut it up in eatable chunks. Now prep some chopped onions, green/red peppers, tomatoes, olive oil and lemon juice. Toss it together and eat. It also goes great in salads. And don’t forget some fresh bread and a nice Rioja.
I've done the boil forever thing. Didn't like it. I think having the skin and tentacles fal off is a waste. Kind of depends on the size of it though. I only keep the smallish ones now.

I've done the boil forever thing. Didn't like it. I think having the skin and tentacles fal off is a waste. Kind of depends on the size of it though. I only keep the smallish ones
The white meat is what everyone I’ve ever seen eat. Never seen anyone eat the skin and tentacles. That may be why your not enjoying it.

I do it Spanish style. Boil it whole for about an hour, cut it into bit sized pieces (kitchen shears work great) and then drizzle olive oil over it and spice it with oregano and red pepper flakes. Tastes great. A buddy of mine freezes them and runs them through a grinder to make octo-burgers and that also works well.

Sobo cook book recipe. Boil for an hour, lemon and bay leaves in water. cut into pieces, put in marinade while still warm, grill on barbe. My wife has made this several times and its great. I really have to debate using them for bait.

boil it for 20-30 min , ( I tried the hour thing it was too long imho) cool it down with cold water with some ice, clean it up a bit taking off any loose skin etc, cut into serving sizes. I then marinate for at least an hour and up to 6 or 8 hours in olive oil, some lemon juice, minced garlic, oregano a bit of salt and pepper and some chilli flakes ( or not, doesn't need spice really) . then grill it on the bbq for 5 to 10 minutes turning as you get a bit of a char, then serve it up with lemon chunks, a tsatziki dip works with this too but really not necessary as the octopus is great on it's own imho.

Back