O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

If you are going to sit at home and do gardening call my company and we will take care of it while we rip some lips. Sorry looks like I can not advertise my company as someone got there butt chewed on this forum. Fishing on the other hand I know what I'm doing and I have been lucky the last couple weeks. Coho around the cap hit hard while trolling faster than normal. Sounds like everyone is using the right stuff tho. I don't want to come off cocky just lucky. Only coho in the box and no springs for about a month locally. Looking to chat with a few members on the water but I guess the tin boats don't get attention. If you see me out there give a shout out.

I saw you on Saturday, I was in the little Boston Whaler. Glad you got one, we were skunked.

Good gawd that is wild yacht.

You would think a 33 million buck boat would have a head in it.. The deck guy closest to the, dare I say **** pit, has the body language of someone taking a quick water break.

You gonna get out or polish the herd o' 'stangs???? ;)

We're out first light Saturday....not specifically for Sox but will be working the lines for something but dogfish. :p

Just added another low mile to the stable this past Monday.... Sigh. This is getting out of hand.

Going to avoid Saturday because of the lunacy with the boat traffic and fireworks....unless I do early early.

I think on Saturday I'm going to give the Bell the early morning shot. The springs are overdue. Such a promissing start to the season. I wasn't keeping anything. Now I'd really like to boat something a bit bigger than a small coho.

Was out this morning at the Bell. Only a couple of boats. A springer about 9lbs and a couple of half eaten chovies was all. Saw a few more sox jumping there as well. Only get better I imagine.

Just added another low mile to the stable this past Monday.... Sigh. This is getting out of hand.

Going to avoid Saturday because of the lunacy with the boat traffic and fireworks....unless I do early early.

Ya....saw the pic on FB.

We are doing first light and home before the lower mainland descends on my neighbourhood and a few others.

just realized sockeye fishing doesn't open til Sunday, Aug 3rd so hope nobody paid attention to my previous post.

This will probably be lost in all the Sockeye hype but English Bay has all kinds of tiny tiny bait I see it when I'm swimming in the AM-this year's Herring maybe-so if you're targeting Coho try using some really small lures it just might work.

I believe the Aug 3rd date is for the tidal fraser and the banana is open today. That is what is posted on Berry's web site.

Ok yes, guys I am frustrated enough to post this on the reports thread. ,,,No not inside the shallows in the "banana" today. .......as Finnadict was pointing out quite strongly in another thread.... "maybe look at the DFO fisheries notices as they come out". Cohochinook and another member have also nicely posted a cut and paste of DFO notices here for you:

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?26820-Fraser-River-Sockeye/page8

Post #75 Aug 1st
Post #77 Aug 3rd - the addition of the "banana"

Back