O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

any details you'd care to share FM? hoping to get out the next couple days...

Nothing particularly top secret. Usual fare, 80-150 on the rigger. regular Spoons and hoochies behind flashers.

What type of squid was it? That's pretty cool!

FM....I am sure you saw the same quick limit on FB that I saw? ;)

We were gonna overnight at Silva this weekend but 2 buddies forgot about Mother's Day. Will be out Sat at the hump...but may run across.

If it takes 20 min from Macdonald beach to the hump how much farther is thrasher rock? I'm assuming when you guys say other side that's where you mean.... Thanks

If it takes 20 min from Macdonald beach to the hump how much farther is thrasher rock? I'm assuming when you guys say other side that's where you mean.... Thanks

The hump starts about 6 miles from the mouth of the north arm, thrasher is about 10 miles further west from the hump.

The Hump still has a slab or two up its sleeve....:D nice day out there!

IMAG1510_zps45002d8e.jpg

[Wild Marble XX lbs @ 89']

Last edited by a moderator:
Im heading over Friday AM, "if the wind doesnt stop me" and stay for Sat then home for Moms day ! Couple buddys did real well Tuesday and Wed off Thrasher. Staying at Silva Bay or Pages
25' revenge with black top , stop by for a beer and say hi
Dan

Any of you guys running bait at the Hump.....what length leaders you been running? I was thinking ~6.5??

We've been largely just running small spoons thus far but doing a long day out there Saturday and going to give bait a whirl for a bit.

Yeah pippen. 6' leader with light green spackle back teaser and metallic Betsy got my bud keveemetal a 26 lb last Sunday.

3.5" Irish Cream got our fish yesterday. 6'+ on 40lb leader. Ran bait, had a quick hit but didn't stick. Just the two hits for us @ slack around 530/6pm

Any of you guys running bait at the Hump.....what length leaders you been running? I was thinking ~6.5??

We've been largely just running small spoons thus far but doing a long day out there Saturday and going to give bait a whirl for a bit.

My buddy increased the leader to 7+ ft on his side tuesday running bait and it seemed to make the difference. 2 of our 3 were on his bait....

You are on it. :)

What type of squid was it? That's pretty cool!

FM....I am sure you saw the same quick limit on FB that I saw? ;)

We were gonna overnight at Silva this weekend but 2 buddies forgot about Mother's Day. Will be out Sat at the hump...but may run across.

Roger that. Sigh. Been a Hell week at work....been getting a few killer pics sent to me via text....oh my god....Yes, I am jealous... Hoping the weather does cooperate this weekend...puhleeze!!!!!

Roger that. Sigh. Been a Hell week at work....been getting a few killer pics sent to me via text....oh my god....Yes, I am jealous... Hoping the weather does cooperate this weekend...puhleeze!!!!!
I may be out saturday, come find me! I have something that belongs to you;)

Back